Nowadays, it is difficult to find a tent company that is willing to go that extra mile to satisfy her clients 100 percent. Coleman is a popular brand mainly because of the company’s high quality and durable outdoor products (stoves, coolers, sleeping bags, backpacks, and lights). Their tents are no exception.
Have you been scouring the internet in your quest to find the best Coleman tent? Look no further as we have done all the hard work for you. After our extensive research, we settled on the tents we have featured on this primer. They are not only durable but are also pocket-friendly and safe. They guarantee you the utmost safety and protection, even in the nastiest of weather.
2, 4, and 6
6 and 8
Best Coleman Tent Reviews
Coleman Octagon 98-2 Room Tent
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Camping tents
- Another quality Coleman Signature product
The Coleman Octagon 98 uses a non-technical approach to tent pitching and usage that enables you to have a great outdoor experience. In just fifteen minutes or less, you can have your tent set up and ready for use or even take it down and pack it out of the camp scene. It comes fitted with sturdy steel frame poles and pole-clippings that are Colour coded for easy installation.
Its interior is very roomy, giving you enough space to fit two queen-size airbeds equivalent to camp sleeping bags for eight people. It even has a privacy divider feature that offers you space away from your campmates. Each section created by the divider has its exit and entry doors for ultimate privacy experience.
The Coleman Octagon 98 uses WeatherTec technologies equipped with a full zipper rainfly to ensure you stay dry during a downpour. It also comes with two inner pocket storage utilities and cup holders that enable you to fit your camping needs in place. It can accommodate up to eight people and comes with a meshed out exterior for proper ventilation and a full fly coverage. The installation poles are steel coated, which prevents them from corrosion and rust, thus making your set up stable. One of the two doors is well hinged for smooth closing and opening, while the other one is a “D” standard tent door. The floor has very durable seams welded with sonic technology and polyethylene materials to ensure stress-free camping season after season.
- Easy to install
- Waterproof material
- Has great air ventilation
- Spacious interior
- If not well handled the zipper rips off easily
Coleman 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
- 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
- Pre-assembled poles for easy 10-second setup
- Taped floor seams help keep you dry
- Multi-position rainfly for the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Packs up flat for easy storage
If you are planning to have a car camping event or other camping festivals, this is the right tent for you. It takes less than a minute to set up since the poles come preassembled. Just unzip it from the package and release it to open fully.
To take it down, follow the easy guide and refold it back to place. It comes with a tarped floor, which keeps you warm and dry even when it is raining. The preassembled poles enable the tent to snap into place, reducing the amount of time and technical requirement for installation. The floor has water-resistant materials that keep you dry even when the actual ground is soaking wet.
The tent is easily portable and very light. It folds into a flat package for storage and carrying around. It has a multi positioning rainfly technology that enables you to find that perfect balance that allows proper air ventilation and protection from outside weather elements. You will get a backpacking tent with four pads for camping incorporated with storage compartments to keep all your small stuff in order.
It has metallic spikes for looping around the edge of the tent, and the rainfly has its complimentary spikes to pin into the ground also. These spikes come inside a complementary pocket inside the tent bag.
- Easy installation and set up
- Waterproof materials
- It is fully functional without tent stakes.
- Contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and congenital disabilities or other reproductive harm
Coleman Sundome Tent
- Dome tent with spacious interior allows you to move comfortably
- Easy setup in only 10 minutes
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Large windows and a ground vent for superior ventilation
- Measures 9 x 7 feet with 4-foot 11-inch center height
As the name goes, the Coleman Sundome Tent has a dome-shape design. It sets up very fast, giving you ample time to attend to other essential camping activities. It has an extra rainfly canopy for protection against intense direct sun and rain.
The Coleman Sundome uses a WeatherTech system with well-welded floors incorporated with inverted seams to keep water from seeping into the inside. The interior is very spacious, with a bit more headroom giving you enough space to stand or move around the tent.
The tent can accommodate up to six people or six sleeping bags, equivalent to two queen-sized airbeds. It has a vented floor for proper ventilation, large windows for fresh air, and great storage pockets to keep your camping gear in the right conditions. To fold it back in the package, start with half long ways followed by third long ways. Lastly, roll it well to fit in the bag.
The tent comes with Insta-Clips to hold the poles stable against strong winds. However, in some cases, for complete waterproof experience during a downpour, you have to use a seam sealant to avoid instances of leaking through the stitches on heavy rain.
This tent is best suited for motorbike or car camping experience. It is lightweight and easy to carry around in your camping backpack. It can fit up to two people without much technical camping gear, and it is one of the most affordable options in the market.
- Comes with one-year warranty support
- Very lightweight
- Don’t have enough storage if you have lots of camping gear
Coleman Hooligan Backpacking Tent
- Lightweight camping tent designed for backpacking
- 8- by 7-foot interior with covered vestibule fits up to 3 camp pads
- Fast 10-minute setup with snag-free continuous pole sleeves
- WeatherTec system and full rainfly keep interior dry and comfortable
- Full mesh interior for better airflow
This tent has a meshed wall system to allow proper airflow, and a roof high enough to enable you to move around the canvas comfortably.
It is the best tent for campers planning a lightweight outdoor event. It can fit very well in the camp backpack, and it is very portable.
It has a fully covered vestibule to keep the tent interior warm and dry. It also comes with ample storage space for organizing your camping gear. The storage pouches utilize a minimalistic approach to save space, enabling you to pack more in a small space without feeling congested.
Unique Feature Highlights
- Pin-and-Ring System: It comes with a patent Pin and ring systems designed to prevent the corner connections of the poles from slipping away.
- Storage pockets and weather protection: The side of the tent walls have nicely sewn pocket raised just above the floor for convenience and storing your camping necessities. The tent is also equipped with a rainfly feature to protect you against bad weather. It means that you can open the tents windows wide open and remain dry even during a downpour.
- Zipper Protection: The zipper door crafted from weatherproof material creates additional protection from debris from the outside and strong winds.
- Wind-Strong Frame: The tent skeleton has wind adapting frame technology that prevents your structure from getting uprooted, or, flying away during strong winds.
- Protected Seams: It also utilizes the inverted seam design to keep weather elements from seeping into the interiors by concealing the needle holes in the tent.
- Easy to set up
- Waterproof material
- Well ventilated
- The zippers tend to snag on frequent use
Coleman Elite Montana 8-Person Tent
- 16 ft. x 7 ft., fits eight people or three queen airbeds, 6 ft. 2 in. height, room to stand and move
- Sets up in 15 minutes or less
- LED tent light with 3 settings high, low, nightlight
- Hinged door for easy entry and exit
- 4 Pole modified dome design with color-coded pole sleeves and poles
This tent uses the best cutting edge technology in the industry. It comes with built-in CPX LED lights to keep your camp party going on even after sundown. The LED power system gives out 100 lumens enough to light your camping adventure for yards. You get an option of a CPX rechargeable cartridge accompanied with a power bank that can power almost anything that has a USB slot. What not to love?
It also designed with ample space that can fit up to three queen-sized beds to ensure that your whole camping family gets accommodated.
At daytime, feel free to roll down the automatic roll down windows by unzipping them at an angle to let the light in but not rainwater. The tent has WeatherTec technology with patented floors and inverted seams to conceal the vents and avoid leakage.
It has an extra awning that also acts as a door and additional space for storing your camping gear. Despite being crafted with heavy-duty materials, it is easy to pitch it up in under 15 minutes. The patented Pin-and-Ring system, snag-free continuous pole sleeves, and an Inst-Clip Snag-free suspension, facilitates the easy pitching process.
The tent is also easy to knock out and fold it back into the bag for storage or transportation. To keep the tent durable, you can spray some silicone to the exposed parts of the tent and the rainfly as well.
- Waterproof material design
- Fast to pitch up
- Very spacious for the family camping trip
- Comes with an inbuilt lighting system
- The storage space is a bit limiting
Coleman 8-Person Tent for Camping
- Family camping tent can accommodate eight campers; measures 17 by 10 feet with a 72-inch center height
- Included room dividers allow you to create three separate rooms
- Coleman's exclusive Weathertec System is guaranteed to keep you dry from unexpected wet weather on your camping trip
- Tent setup is easy with its shock-corded poles and easy-to-follow assembly instructions
- Cool-Air port and Variflo adjustable venting system allows you to adjust airflow and access gear
This tent is famously known for its instant set up and knockdown. Pitching it will take a minute or less with three easy steps of unfolding, extending, and securing. It, however, needs a seam-sealer to protect the tent seams. Without it, the tent seams will soak wet, and everything that comes into contact will be soaked wet.
The instructions on the tent say that the tent fabric is silicon protected, but the seams are not, and if not coated, water will seep through the stitching. It is therefore advisable to use a silicone spray on the seams both inside and outside. It does not have to happen every time you head out camping, but do this once you have purchased the tent. Also, for good measure, spray the seams at least once a year just in case the rain comes while you are camping.
This tent can comfortably accommodate a family of eight people. It comes with room dividers that enable you to divide the canvas into three separate rooms.
It also has fresh Air and Variflo, which acts as an AC system that you can adjust to suit the best interior airflow conditions.
It uses a Weathertec System designed to keep you protected from wet climatic conditions on your camping event. If you have a family of eight and need a camping tent at a very affordable price, then this is your best choice.
- Very spacious for a large family
- Pitches very fast
- It’s very portable
- Utilizes a Weathertec System for dryness during the wet season
- On continued use, the seams tend to rip off and need replacement
Coleman Cabin Tent
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in
- Enhanced ventilation: Integrated rainfly offers extra weather protection with better airflow
- Built to last: Double-thick fabric stands up to the elements season after season
- Instant setup: In as fast as 1 minute
- Roomy interior: 10 x 9 feet with 6 feet center height; Fits 2 queen-size air beds
If you want an exceptional tent at a great value, then this is the right choice. The Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup ranks as one the best shelters a camper can have in a lifetime. One unique feature of this tent is the setting up and takedown speed. It takes minutes to pitch it up and knock it down. It is a good option for family car camping or outdoor adventures.
It has a 2.44 m by 2.13m (8ft by 7ft) floor, which is big enough to fit a full queen-sized airbag and still have enough space to move around the interior. Unlike the regular tents, the Coleman Cabin Tent with Instant Setup does not have a rainfly. Instead, it comes up with a WeatherTec System that is fully taped to keep you warm and bone dry.
It is made up of light French terry fleece material, which makes it suitable for fast storage and transportation. The large windows allow proper air ventilation and great lighting in the interiors. It also has ample storage space with a hanging hook at the ceiling for bags or clothes. With its height, it is also comfortable to maneuver around while standing or doing activities such as changing clothes.
The zippers are durable and do not snag out quickly. The screen room adds extra space, as well as keeping the bugs and weather elements out. check for more (https://outdoorwithj.com/best-cabin-tent/)
- Lightweight material
- Easily portable
- Durable materials
- WeatherTec system for comfort and all weatherproof.
- Can be a bit squeezed for camping event with a large team
Coleman Dome Tent
- Weatherproof; Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Conventional Pitch: Sets Up in 15 Minutes
- Roomy interior: 15 x 12 ft. With 6 ft. Center height; fits 2 queen-size air beds
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 ft. Full-floor screen room
- Carry bag: Included for easy storage
The Coleman Dome Tent has mesh pockets sewn into the sidewalls to provide extra storage space. They are placed conveniently within arm’s reach and just above the floor for stashing all your camping gear.
The Coleman dome tent is an excellent shelter to have when camping outdoors for long periods, whether on car camping or your regular camping adventures. This tent can be pitched in fifteen minutes or less since it utilizes the snag-free Insta-clip pole attachments and continuous pole sleeves. It is designed with a WeatherTec system that has inverted seams and welded floors to keep the tent warm and dry even when the surroundings are soaking wet.
It also comes with a rainfly to provide additional protection from the harsh weather elements. The windows are enhanced with extra awnings to ensure proper air ventilation without letting the weather elements inside. The rainfly is detachable to let you have a look at the stars during the dry nights or let in sunlight through the mesh on the roof.
It has an additional screen room for sleeping during warmer nights or providing extra space for indoor lounging. The screen room also acts as an extra protection layer against bugs and bad weather.
Taking the tent down is the most straightforward part depending on how well you can roll it up to fit the backpack. With practice, you get used to it. Check for more (https://outdoorwithj.com/best-dome-tent/)
- Weatherproof material
- Easy setup
- Spacious interiors
- Uses a WeatherTec system for comfortable accommodation
- Detachable rainfly to allow sunlight
- Due to pricing, the material quality can be a bit low
Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent
- 6-person dome tent features a separate screen room for insect-less lounging and extra sleeping space
- Fast Pitch tent design sets up in about 7 minutes
- WeatherTec system and rainfly keep tent interior dry and comfortable
- Durable Polyguard fabric and strong frame designed to last season after season
- Measures 10 x 9 feet with 10- x 5-foot screen room; accommodates 2 queen-sized airbeds
The Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch tent gives you the ultimate outdoor comfort experience. Designed to accommodate six people, it has very spacious interiors and a separate section that acts as a screen room. It offers a right lounging spot while keeping out unfavorable weather, bugs, and debris. It uses an Insta-Clip system suspension, a fastpitch technology that enables you to pitch it way faster than any other regular Coleman tents in the market.
The full floors and the screening room give campers an additional sleeping area and proper air ventilation on warm nights. It has a WeatherTec technology designed to keep water from seeping into the inside, keeping you and your camping belongings dry. The tent comes with an additional rainfly that keeps you protected from adverse weather conditions. Its interior is spacious enough to accommodate six campers or two queen-sized airbeds. The skin of the tent is made up of Illumiline reflective material to keep you from tripping in the night by accident.
The package comes along with unique camping accessories ranging from E-port for passing electric supply cables, window awning, and ample storage pocket space. When it is time to exit the camp scene, all you need is to fold it down and fit it neatly in the portable bags for easy logistics and storage.
- Durable material designed to last you for seasons
- Fastpitch technology
- Spacious interiors
- Extra screen room provides additional space
- Colour coded poles for easy setup
- Electric port for routing power into the tent
- Not very efficient during extreme weather conditions
Best Coleman Tent Buying Guide
The type of tent one chooses for camping, or any other experience determines how much comfort and fun you will have. Your tent should be versatile enough to suit your needs for every season and occasion. Here are some of the factors you should consider when in the market for the best Coleman tent:
Ease of Setup
If your tent is not easy to set up, it will leave you frustrated. Just imagine you and your friends have arrived at your destination late in the night, and signs indicate that it will rain, and yet you cannot set up your tent fast! It can be quite frustrating, right? For this reason, you need to ensure that the tent you intend to buy features everything that makes it effortless to set up. On top of that, taking it down, folding up and storing for future use should also be a walk in the park.
Will you be regularly transporting your tent and for longer distances? The best choice would be a lighter tent. Lighter ones are not only easier to carry, but also effortless to set up.
What your prospective tent is made of should influence your choice. Do you want a long-lasting one? If yes, you should settle for a canvas tent. On top of that, tents made from canvas are waterproof(learn more). Although nylon is also waterproof, it deteriorates over time due to the sun’s adverse effects.
Conditions You Intend To Use The Tent
Which season do you intend to use the tent? If you plan to use your tent in the summer, it ought to be lightweight. Winter tents, on the other hand, should be heavier. Do you anticipate to camp or use the tent in snowy areas? Then heavier, winter tents are the best choice.
The Number Of Users (Capacity)
This is an essential factor to consider not only when buying a Coleman tent, but any other tent. The concept that a 4-man tent is capable of holding four people might be misleading. To be on the safe side, pick a higher-numbered tent for a lower number of people. For instance, if you are six people, it is prudent to settle for a 7-person tent.
Properly ventilated are handy at preventing your bedding and clothing from getting damp overnight. If poorly ventilated, you will have difficulties breathing, particularly if you are many people in the tent.
Coleman Tent FAQs
Are all Coleman tents waterproof?
Yes, all Coleman tents are waterproof because of the sturdy fabric used in making them. Of great importance to note is the fact that the fabric also features taped seams. The seams are leak-proof.
Nevertheless, many people assume that such a type of tent is not ideal or favorable for the rainy weather or season. If you have plans of camping in the rainy season, it is prudent to carry with you a tarp for additional protection.
The other great highlight of Coleman tents is that their fabric can withstand high wind conditions. You cannot ignore or deny the exclusive weather protection system that these tents offer.
It is also worth noting that these tents have waterproof floors. Their welding technology is responsible for the strengthening of all the models.
Are Coleman tents costly?
Although Coleman is a reputable manufacturer that makings sturdy and long-lasting tents, the company does not take advantage of this to increase its product’s prices. We can authoritatively state that Coleman’s tents are rightly priced.
Does Coleman offer a warranty?
Yes, you can rest assured that every tent you purchase from Coleman features a warranty. Should you have any issue with your tent, you should not hesitate to contact the customer service department of the company.
Are Coleman tents freestanding?
Yes, for the most part. However, it is always wise to attach and stake guy lines.
Can I use Coleman tents for all seasons?
Sadly, no! Coleman tents are 3 season tent, not four seasons.
How do I wash my Coleman tent?
One of the most grappling issues that Coleman tent owners face or grapple with has to do with washing it. Yes, you can wash your tent with a soft sponge, a little soap, and warm water.
So how do you go about it? Use these Coleman tent care and cleaning tips:
- Avoid snapping poles together – You should expend your tent’s poles section by section. Exercising care here greatly extends the life of the poles. It also aids in ensuring your tent’s structure is sturdy and aids in splintering protection. When you want to collapse the sock-corded poles, fold them close to the center. Doing so eases the pressure on the cord. Avoid pulling the poles because it can tear the tent body or shock cord.
- Place your tent under or close to a shade – If you intend to set up your tent for a longer period, it is prudent to place it on a place with the right amount of shade. Extended UV exposure damages even the toughest of fabrics.
- Sweep out your tent – Before packing it, ensure you sweep out all the branches, dirt, leaves, and rocks inside.
- Dry your tent first – Before you take down your shelter, make sure that it is completely dry after morning dew or a rainstorm. By doing that, you will not have to grapple with issues related to drying your tent later.
- Regularly clean your tent – As aforementioned, mild soap and sponge are handy when it comes to wiping off a dirty tent. Avoid using a washing machine when it comes to cleaning your tent. Before you repack it, allow it to dry completely.
- Store your tent dry – Storing it while wet will result in odors and mildew. If you must store it between camping trips or in the rain, make sure you do so in a cool and dry place.
- Allow ventilation – Your tent is susceptible to gathering moisture on the inside, depending on the climate and temperature. You can avoid this issue by allowing some ventilation. Opening all nylon windows is one of the easiest ways to ventilate. Of great importance to note is the fact that condensation is not leakage. This is especially true if you are in inclement weather.
- Bending of stakes might be normal – Under hard conditions, it is normal for stakes to bend. Fortunately, tent stake replacements are always available. Although that is the case, they may not always be handy at a campsite. You can also tie your tent to stable objects such as rocks using guylines. This can act as a temporary fix.
- Coleman zippers are self–repairing – Do you know that Coleman tent zippers are self-repairing? All you need to do is fit the coils into a zipper slider and slide them to fit.
- Avoid pulling up stakes with the stake loop or tent body – Instead of doing that, you should utilize a mallet’s end or stake puller to remove any stubborn stakes. You can sew ripped stake loops into your tent again. Nonetheless, as you do that, ensure you seam seal the stitching.
- Fold your tent the right way – It is easier to fold your tent along the original fold lines. Nevertheless, after a couple of years, it can turn out to be more challenging because the lines fade. The rule of thumb is to always fold your tent just the same length as the poles before rolling it up.
- Store your tent the right way – You should roll your tent neatly and lightly with stakes and poles rolled inside the tent body. With this technique, you use the tent poles as a structure for easier rolling of the tent. One of the easiest and most effective ways of tight rolling a tent and make it compact for an effortless fit into a storage bag is through this technique.
A bad tent ruins all the fun and comfort of a camping trip. Therefore, it is important to invest in a good and sturdy tent. Knowing whether a tent is ideal for your needs can be challenging. This is why we have come with a comprehensive list of the best Coleman tents as well as a buying guide to help you make the right decision.
From our extensive research, we settled on the Coleman Sundome Tent as the best Coleman tent. It sets up very fast. Secondly, it has an extra rainfly canopy for protection against intense direct sun and rain. The other highlight of this tent is the fact that it has a vented floor for proper ventilation, large windows for fresh air, and great storage pockets to keep your camping gear in the right conditions. You will also love to know that the tent comes with Insta-Clips to hold the poles stable against strong winds.