Camping enthusiasts who want to sleep in comfort knowing that an air mattress is an excellent option to avoid the feeling of sleeping on the ground. However, inflating them can sometimes be a bit of a chore. You can solve this problem with a portable air mattress pump, which is perfect for camping or nearly any adventure.
The winner of this product round-up is the Coleman QuickPump, which comes in four variations and is a great choice if you’re looking for a reliable, fast air mattress pump. It comes with a one year warranty and several valve tips to fit nearly any type of air bed with ease.
The Coleman is available in 12 volts and 120 volt corded electric options as well as a rechargeable and D-battery powered version for even more portability. No matter which option you pick, the Coleman air mattress pump is sure to inflate and deflate your mattress in a pinch.
For a review of the Coleman QuickPump and several other excellent options, check out our product review below. We’ll compare and contrast a variety of products so that you can find the best air mattress pump for camping.
|Best Overall||Coleman QuickPump||
|portable pick||Flextailgear Max 2020 Portable Rechargeable Air Pump||
|Budget Pick||Intex Quick-Fill Air Pump||
|Airhead Hi-volume Bellows Action Foot Pump||
|AGPtEK Portable Quick-Fill Air Pump||
|Zacro portable electric air pump with 6000 mAh battery||
|Bell Air Attack 650 High Volume Bicycle Pump||
Coleman QuickPump: Best Overall
- Convenient electric pump plugs into the 12-volt outlet in a car or boat
- Lightweight, compact, and portable design
- Great for camping trips and boating
- Fast Inflate and Fast Deflate design works with any airbed with Double Lock valve
- Included Boston and pinch valve adapters let you blow up other common inflatables
The Coleman QuickPump is the winner of this product round-up, thanks to its many available options for charging, its overall portability and reliability, and its fast inflation and deflation time that makes set-up a breeze. Coleman is a well-known brand that designs durable, long-lasting gear for the great outdoors, and the Coleman QuickPump is no exception.
The Coleman QuickPump comes in four variations to choose from, whether you want one that is powered by a cord or a battery and depending on how much power you need. Each of them comes in a bright red fashionable color.
The first variation of the Coleman is the standard 12-volt pump option, which is a corded electric style. To power this version, you must plug the pump into a standard 12 volt outlet found in your vehicle or boat. Of course, this makes the Coleman a great choice for car camping or boating where you can conveniently plug in the pump.
You can use the 12 volt pump to rapidly inflate a single or double high airbed.
The second version is the 120 volt option. Like the 12 volt one, this is a corded electric style, but instead of being powered by a car outlet, it plugs into a 120 volt home outlet. This 120 volt version is much higher powered and inflates your standard air bed 80% faster than the competition. Like the 12 volt option, this pump can inflate a single or double high air bed.
The rechargeable option comes with an integrated battery, which charges via a 120 volt household outlet and charger.
Because it holds a charge, you can use this pump anywhere as long as it’s charged up, making it even more portable since you won’t be tethered to an outlet while you use it. This rechargeable pump inflates a standard air bed (single or double high air bed) 20% faster than the competition.
There is a fourth option, which is the QuickPump 4D. This pump is powered by 4 D-batteries rather than a rechargeable battery. When it runs out of juice, simply replace the batteries. While this is a portable version, it doesn’t provide as much power. This option is not as quick at inflating your air bed and is also only suited for a single high airbed rather than a double.
Each of these versions can deflate your air bed quickly into a compact size for storage. The Coleman pump itself measures 8.27 x 4.72 x 5.12 inches. It also has a handle along one end for easier carrying.
No matter which Coleman option you select, it comes with several valve adaptors of different sizes. There is a double lock/Boston combo valve adaptor, which is compatible with any Coleman-branded air beds as well as several other brands. There is also a pinch valve adaptor so that you can use it to inflate beach balls or other items that use a pinch valve.
The Coleman comes with a 1 year limited warranty, so you can be sure that reliability is promised.
FLEXTAILGEAR MAX 2020 Portable Rechargeable Air Pump: Most Portable
- Smallest Body: The Air Pump just weighs 5.29oz, which is lighter than the iphone 7 plus. You can’t even feel the weight when you put in your backpack.
- Ultra Lightweight: The size of our MAX PUMP 2020 is 2 x 2.28 x 3.14 inches. A can of Coke is even bigger than it. You can carry it around you wherever you go.
- Built In Lithium Battery & USB Rechargeable: Built in 3600mAH lithium battery, so our MAX PUMP can quickly recharge by power bank when outdoor or charge directly by phone charger at home.
- Strongest Power: The lightweight Air pump contains 3600 mAH battery which makes it can continuous working for 40 minutes. Deflate function can quick deflate to save your time, widely used for beach,camping and outdoor parties.
- Extensive Applicability: The MAX PUMP 2020 is equipped with three nozzles, and can inflate most of the inflatable products, like the air Sleeping pad, air bed, air mattress and air toys , lifebuoy andvacuum storage bags.
The Flextailgear Max 2020 Portable Rechargeable Air Pump is the best option if you’re looking for the ultimate choice in portability. With this little pump, you can just throw it in your bag and forget about it until you need it. It is marketed to be smaller than a can of soda and lighter than your smartphone.
The Flextailgear pump is supremely lightweight, weighing in at only 5.29 oz. Its dimensions are only 2 x 2.28 x 3.14 inches, making it extremely small and easy to carry wherever you are without feeling bulky or cumbersome in your bag.
The Flextailgear features an integrated lithium-ion battery (3600 mAh) that can be recharged via USB to power this little gadget. This means it’s as simple as plugging it into your standard USB phone charger for some power.
The Flextailgear fully charges in 5 to 6 hours, and when fully charged, the air pump can be used for up to 40 minutes straight, so you won’t need to be near an outlet. It’s marketed to have enough battery to inflate 10 air mattresses on a single charge.
The Flextailgear has a flow of 300 liters per minute to inflate your gear. It also features a “deflate” functionality so that you can take down your air mattress quickly.
Purchase of this pump includes four total nozzle styles for added versatility in inflating and deflating other air beds and cushions, sleeping pads, swim rings and flotation devices, inflatable kids’ toys, and beach balls. It also comes with a micro USB-A charging cable and a carrying bag that cinches closed for security.
The Flextailgear is available in three colors, and you can also purchase an option that comes with an outdoor emergency power supply. This way, you can charge your air pump or your phone anytime, anywhere.
For safety, there is a protective net over the nozzle piece of the air pump so that a child can’t stick their fingers inside the pump. There is also a power display light to see if it needs to be charged soon, as well as a convenient power on switch.
Intex Quick-Fill Air Pump Series: Budget Pick
- Plugs into any standard 110-120v wall outlet
- Includes 3 interconnecting nOuncezles
- Max air flow: 650 L/min
The Intex Quick-Fill Air Pump is the best choice if you’re wanting to buy an air mattress pump on a limited budget. This air pump is available in various styles, all of which are friendly to the wallet while still being reliable, easy to use options.
Intex offers a variety of versions. Depending on which one you pick, the price ranges from just $10.74 to $26.38.
First, there is a battery-operated version powered by six C-cell size batteries. This version has a maximum airflow rate of 420 liters per minute and weighs nearly 1 lb. It is meant for indoor or outdoor usage where you don’t need as powerful of a pump but want the most portability.
The 12 volt car plug version, as its name implies, plugs into a 12 volt outlet found in a vehicle, boat, or RV, so it’s suited for outdoor use. This version has a much more powerful pump with a maximum airflow rate of 650 liters per minute, making it much faster at inflating your air bed.
There is also an AC/DC version powered either by a 12 volt DC power supply (such as a car or boat outlet) for outdoor usage or a 110-120 volt AC power supply in your home (for indoor use). This version comes with a power adapter and reaches a maximum airflow rate of 480 liters per minute.
Another option is the wall plug version, powered by a standard 110-120 volt wall outlet. This version has a maximum airflow rate of 650 liters per minute and is designed for indoor use.
Finally, the most powerful version is the high-flow wall plug option. This version reaches a maximum airflow rate of 1100 liters per minute, so it can most quickly inflate your air bed with ease. This option is powered by plugging it into a standard 110-120 volt electrical outlet, so it is meant for indoor use.
Each of these options can inflate and deflate your air bed as needed, and each version comes with three interconnecting nozzles for versatility.
As far as size, the high-flow wall plug option is the largest, with dimensions of 10.4 x 5.6 x 6.1 inches. The other options are much smaller, measuring 4 to 6 inches in every dimension.
AIRHEAD Hi-volume Bellows Action Foot Pump Yellow/black, 54″ long hose: Foot Pump Option
- High-volume bellows action pump
- Collapses for easy storage under seats
- Sport Type: Boating
- Package Weight: 0.98 kilograms
The Airhead Hi-volume Bellows Action Foot Pump is the best choice if you’re looking for this unique design. This is a simple, easy-to-use foot pump that is affordable and easily transportable. When you’re ready to store it away, simply collapse it down into a compact size for storage.
The Airhead foot pump measures only 2.95 x 9.37 x 13.31 inches. It is designed with a bellows action, meaning that the pumping action of your feet causes air to flow and inflate your gear. It is marketed to displace 0.5 liters of air per foot strike, and it’s ultra-portable because its only power source is your feet, and it requires no cords.
The foot pump is equipped with a 54 inch long hose for ease of use, and it comes with three separate adapters so it can fit nearly any valve style. It is able to inflate and deflate.
Keep in mind that this pump relies on you exerting more effort to pump up your gear, and it will likely take longer to fully inflate an air bed because of the slower air displacement (unless you have really strong legs and feet).
AGPtEK Portable Quick-Fill Air Pump: Another Great Budget Option
- Powerful Electric Air Pump -- The AGPtek air pumps are so powerful that it can not only inflate items but also deflate products by sucking air out! Car power adapter and home power adapter are included, making it possible for indoor and outdoor use. ( NOTE: This air pump is not rechargeable and DO NOT FOR BALLOONS!!!!!! )
- 3 Nozzles to Choose -- We have 3 nozzles of different size in the electric air mattress pumps – S, M and L, allowing you to inflate/deflate different items in any occasions!
- Easy to Use -- The inflatable mattress pump is compatible with 12V DC and 110V AC power supply. To inflatable, just put the inflatable head at the filling hold, then press the switch. To deflate, you should put the inflatable head in the vent hole, then press the switch to deflate. Our electric air mattress pumps are simple to operate.
- Portable -- The inflatable mattress pump is small and lightweight, making it convenient to use it indoor and outdoor. At a travel-friendly dimension, you can easily take air pumps anywhere you go!
- Multi-Purpose -- Including car power adapter & home power adapter. This inflatable mattress pump is a powerful inflator and deflator for both indoor and outdoor use, especially for travel and outdoor activities. AGPtEK air pumps helps you saving time on inflating air cushions, air beds, air boats, inflatable furniture, swimming ring and more!
The AGPtEK Portable Quick-Fill Air Pump is another excellent choice if you’re on the hunt for an affordable air mattress pump. Costing just over $20, the AGPtEK pump won’t break the bank but also promises ease of use and plenty of versatility.
The AGPtEK is versatile whether you want to use it indoors or outdoors, because it comes with both a car power adapter (12 volts) and 110-120 volt home power adapter. The home adapter cord is 5.9 feet long, while the car adapter cord length is 8.2 feet.
Also, as it comes with three nozzles in small, medium, and large sizes, the AGPtEK is designed to be compatible with a variety of different valves for even more versatility. It features both inflating and deflating functionality for your air mattresses, water beds, inflatable pools and toys, swim rings, and more.
It is not designed for tires, sports balls, or balloons, as these require more pressure. For ease of travel, the AGPtEK is lightweight and small in stature, so it won’t interrupt your adventures.
Zacro Portable Electric Air Pump with 6000 mAh Battery: Another Compact Option
- Quick inflation and deflation: Insert the nozzle tightly into the air valve and press the switch to quickly inflate. Simple operation and convenient to use.
- Rechargeable and Long-lasting: Built in 6000mAh lithium battery, once charge can support you to inflate an standard air bed mattress more than 20 times.
- Special design: With ergonomic body design, non-slip, which is easy to hold and comfortable to use. Equipped with a waterproof packaging bagwhich is easy to store it.
- Portable and easy to use: Two charging methods, USB and DC charging, suitable for a variety of occasions, no longer limited by time and space.
- Wide application: Equipped with three nozzles for most air cushions, inflatable beds, pool buoys, swim rings, inflatable boats, children's pools, inflatable play centers and other inflatable toys.
The Zacro portable electric air pump with 6000 mAh battery is another compact option if you’re looking for something with portability.
The Zacro air pump is powered by a 6000 mAh lithium-ion battery, which recharges quickly and conveniently via USB. It can also be powered by a 12 volt DC outlet in your car.
With a fully charged battery, the Zacro pump can inflate an air bed over 20 times. It also has deflating functionality. It gives off a decent amount of power, with a maximum airflow of 400 liters per minute.
The Zacro pump is lightweight and small, making it easy to take wherever your adventures take you. Overall it measures only 6.3 x 11 cm, which is about the size of a soda can, and it weighs only 380 grams (13.4 oz).
Also, the Zacro air pump is built to be easily graspable in your hands without fear of slipping. It also comes with a waterproof bag as well as three additional nozzles of different styles for versatility; you can inflate nearly anything you need on your camping trips.
Bell Air Attack 650 High Volume Bicycle Pump: Bicycle Pump Option
- Wide barrel design pushes more air to quickly inflate wide Mountain, Cruiser, BMX and Kids bike tires
- Dual Schrader/Presto pump head - Extra-large handle and base
- Easy-to-read bottom mount gauge
- BONUS-Ball needle and inflation cone included
- 630 cm3 volume, 100 PSI max
If you’re looking for a traditional bicycle pump, the Bell Air Attack 650 High Volume Bicycle Pump is the best option in this product round-up.
The Bell Air Attack 650 bicycle pump comes in a shocking yellow color. It is designed to have a wider inner barrel in order to allow more airflow to inflate quickly, although it will likely not be as quick as the electric options in this product round-up.
As it features an extra-large base, it is easier to stabilize the Bell Air with your feet. When using the Bell Air, you can easily read how much pressure (PSI) you’re outputting on the gauge at the bottom of the pump. For comfort and grip, the Bell Air features a soft touch handle.
The Bell Air weighs two pounds and measures 23 inches in height.
In addition to air mattresses, unlike the other pumps in this product round-up, the Bell Air can also be used to pump up basketballs, soccer balls, and footballs with the included ball needle and inflation cone. Purchase of the Bell Air also includes a Schrader and Presta valve nozzles.
Buying Guide: What to Know Before Purchasing an Air Mattress Pump for Camping
Type of Pump
When considering which air pump to purchase, consider the environment in which you will be using the pump.
You can find air pumps designed to be powered with standard 110-120 volt wall outlets, so these pumps are designed to be used only indoors. On the other hand, many pumps can be used outdoors, as they can be powered via a 12 volt car outlet. With these corded electric air pumps, consider how long you need the cord to be as well.
Also, think about whether you want the air pump to be rechargeable via USB. Rechargeable pumps are more portable and don’t need to be tethered to an outlet; however, you must be ready to charge them when necessary.
You can also find air pumps that are powered by disposable batteries. Keep in mind that air pumps powered by a battery will likely create a less powerful airflow.
Consider how large and heavy you want the air pump to be, because this is an important factor if you will be traveling with it. The most portable option in this product round-up, the Flextailgear Max air pump, weighs only 5.29 oz and is ultra-portable. There are much larger options on the market, however, if you are looking for more power.
The winner of this product round-up is the Coleman QuickPump, as it’s available in several styles whether you want a corded electric, rechargeable, or disposable battery-powered option. This is a reliable air pump that works quickly and easily.
If you want something even more portable, though, look no further than the Flextailgear Max, which is super small and lightweight and can be used indoors or outdoors. If you are looking for a more traditional pump, look at the Airhead Hi-volume foot pump or the Bell Air Attack 650 bicycle pump.
Hopefully, this product round-up has guided you towards making a decision on the best air mattress pump for camping.