Never heard of an inflatable hammock before? You might have heard of an air lounger, air sofa, inflatable lounger. You know, those funny-looking tubes of air that people lay on? Well, it’s all the same thing, and an inflatable hammock is the perfect description for the comfort it provides.
These funny-looking air tubes are actually extremely comfortable. And they’ve evolved quite a bit since they were first introduced.
The best inflatable hammock on the market is the SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger. It presents a modern take on the traditional air lounger design that boosts its performance.
Keep reading to find your favorite style of inflatable hammock.
|Best Overall||SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger||
|Budget Pick||WEKAPO Inflatable Air Lounger||
|AlphaBeing Air Hammock||
|Mockins Inflatable Lounger||
|Intex Inflatable Furniture Series||
Review of Inflatable Hammocks
- 【U.S Patent Exclusive Design】: The ergonomic curve design and the curved support design of the legs can promote blood circulation in all parts of the body and support the body evenly and comfortably. The mesh in the middle is airy and breathable. Sweat will not wet your clothes, and it providing an excellent feeling of your back. The elderly can also use it easy, you don't "fall in and get swallowed" as much as other versions and it is easier to get in and out of as well.
- 【No Pump Required, Easy to Inflate】: Push the safety tab on the buckle to unlatch. Open wide the couch pocket, and run straight against the wind to catch air (do not inflate in circles. In-place rotation cannot be full of air). Then close the pocket quickly and roll down as tightly as possible until it can no longer be rolled. Fasten the safety buckle, and you're done! It will be easier to inflate in a windy day or you could get help with a fan while indoor (Note: WITHOUT PLASTIC BOARD).
- 【Different from Traditional Recliners】: Unlike other cheap recliners, we use high-quality single-layer nylon fabric, non- plastic, soft, durable, odor-free, no damage to the skin, no water seepage, which is composed of modular fabrics and adopts sophisticated double sewing technology. It's lightweight, comfortable and sealed. Our lounger is single-port inflatable instead of two-port inflatable like other traditional sofas. Easier to inflate than a traditional sofa.
- 【Unique Concave Headrest Design】: The new version of the headrest has a recessed design, replacing the traditional recliner square headrest, which can increase the support of the shoulder and neck when lying down, enhance stability, and not easy to roll over. It can fit the head and neck very well, which can alleviate head fatigue and achieve a more comfortable effect. The traditional square headrest cannot fit the neck and affects the respiratory system.
- 【Easy to Carry, Safe and Stable】: 440 pounds, can be used for two to three people. The large size and curved design of this inflatable sofa provides stability throughout the body and can be used even in strong winds. The inflatable size is 73"x 30" x 16",middle mesh size 30"x17" the folding size is only 12"x 8" x 4" and weighs 2 pounds. It can be easily folded and placed in an extra carry-on bag to carry anytime, anywhere.
My original experience with inflatable hammocks was that you run around like a hooligan trying to get air into the thing, only to sink into the giant crack in the middle. The SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger solves both of those problems with its design and performance that far exceed the typical air lounger. This is why the SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger is our top pick.
One key feature of this inflatable hammock is the mesh panel in the middle. While most have a deep crack in the middle, SEGOAL has designed a mesh center to ensure comfort. You no longer have to worry about sinking into the crack of doom. This also allows you to comfortably lay vertically without having to anchor yourself by swinging your legs over one side.
In addition, the mesh panel provides airflow to the underside of the lounger. Many inflatable hammocks do not have this feature, making you feel hot and sticky and leaving you to sliding around in your sweat. However, the SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger ensures comfort with its breathable design.
The SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger is inflated by directing air into the tube entry point. Rather than running around and making a fool of yourself, you can simply whip the lounger in front of you a couple of times to loosen the material and get some air inside the tube. Then, you can use a small square of vinyl (included with purchase) to fan air into the tube.
Once enough air is inside the inflatable lounger, the opening snaps closed, rolls up, and fastens with a buckle. This design is similar to the opening of a waterproof duffle. It ensures that the opening is sealed and allows you to compress the air inside the air lounger as tight as possible. In turn, the lounger will feel more solid and stable.
The durable nylon material is tear-resistant and features reinforced stitching. This inflatable hammock has an ergonomic design featuring curved sides that match the contours of your body. In addition, the concave headrest supports your head and neck in a way that is comfortable for long durations.
Before we move on, let’s talk tech specs. This air sofa measures 73″x 30″ x 16″ when inflated. The measurements of the middle mesh panel are 30” x 17”. And when folded, the SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger measures 12″x 8″ x 4″ and weighs just 2 pounds. The maximum weight capacity is 440 lbs, which means 2-3 people can lay on this air lounger at one time.
- ✔ EASY INFLATION-No pump required. Just whisk it through the air to inflate. The little trick is that you need to trap air by closing the sleeve opening before the end of each movement, and keep the mouth closed until you begin the next movement.
- ✔ UNIQUE PILLOW SHAPED HEADREST DESIGN- WEKAPO air lounger has patented pillow shaped headrest design that gives your upper back and neck comfortable support when you need relaxation most.
- ✔ ANTI-DEFLATION TECHNOLOGY-Our unique patented design together with years of experience of making inflated products make sure that once WEKAPO air lounge is inflated, it will stay inflated for at least 5-6 hours for our dear customers to enjoy.
- ✔ CARRY BAG, STAKE & OPENER – This lazy lounge also comes with a carry bag to let you store and carry the air sofa conveniently, a stake that can be used with built in security loop to firmly secure the blow up couch in position such that it stays in place even on a windy day, and a BOTTLE OPENER to help you chill anywhere, anytime.
- ✔ 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We also offer you 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let you buy with confidence; no questions asked. However, we are quite sure that you will be super impressed with this wind bed.
Our budget pick is the WEKAPO Inflatable Air Lounger. This inflatable air lounger features a more traditional design with a few upgrades for practicality and comfort. This design comes in 16 colors and prints, so you can customize it to fit your lifestyle.
The WEKAPO Inflatable Air Lounger has a double-layer design. The inner layer is a plastic liner, made to hold air in successfully. The outer layer is a strong polyester ripstop. This double-layer makeup allows for a maximum weight capacity of 500 pounds.
WEKAPO makes it super easy to use this inflatable hammock by including clear instructions with helpful tips. Here’s one you may have never heard before, close the tube opening after each whisk. That little tidbit sure would have helped me in the past.
This air lounger has a pillow-shaped headrest for comfort and support. It has practical uses, too. There are two mesh pockets on one side for small items that you want to keep in reach. And on the other side of the lounger is an elastic drink holder. WEKAPO has even included a bottle opener.
In addition, this air lounger is engineered with anti-deflation technology that keeps the air lounger inflated for 5-6 hours. A built-in stake loop and included stake can be used to keep your lounger from blowing away in the wind. When you are ready to pack up, the lounger folds up small into the included carry bag.
WEKAPO states that their Inflatable Air Lounger can be used between the temperatures of 14 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit. However, they advise against using the air lounger in water.
WEKAPO’s motto is “Wake up from heart and change for better.” They are a company with years of experience producing inflated products under their belt. They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee (no questions asked), so you can purchase with confidence.
- EASY INFLATION DESIGN -- No pump required for AlphaBeing air lounger. Just a few scoops of air and this inflatable lounger is ready to hangout in. This is a must-have for any BBQ, Pool Party, Beach, Hike, Concert, or Camping Trip. Folding to 12"x 8"x 4"and fitting in its own carrying bag with shoulder strap, this air sofa is ready to be taken anywhere with you.
- ANTI-DEFLATION TECHNOLOGY -- Love the idea of an inflatable couch but hate the idea of constantly needing to fill it up? Thanks to our anti-deflation technology, our air chair retains air twice as long as other Inflatable Loungers for an experience that is amazing! Our lounger is made with superb craftsmanship and high-quality Ripstop fabric that is lightweight, comfortable and strong enough to support 400lbs!
- UNIQUE HEADREST DESIGN -- Our Unique Ergonomic Neck Pillow headrest allows you to relax with maximum comfort. Just throw it in the back of your car then blow it up at the beach, parks, camping, hiking, traveling, music festivals and any other outdoor adventures. Feeling lazy? Just chill in your backyard with our air hammock.
- POCKETS, BEER OPENER & SECURE STAKES: Our inflatable couch has 2 large mesh pockets on one side to store magazines, glasses or iPad and the other side has an elastic strap for your ice cold beer; All important things are within arm’s reach. AlphaBeing Camp Chair even includes a beer opener to help you chill when you hangout with your friends and a securing stake to hold the inflatable couch firmly in place on a windy day.
- 100% RISK-FREE WARRANTY -- At AlphaBeing, our mission is to be Amazon's most customer-centric brand. So we stand firmly behind our product quality and service. If you are not 100% happy with the blowup couch for any reason, simply write us and we will Refund or Replace your Purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
For the inflatable hammock with the best value, we bring to you the AlphaBeing Air Hammock. This hammock has several features that boost its comfort and functionality, making it a practical choice all around.
The AlphaBeing Air Hammock is made of tough polyester ripstop fabric. An interior liner serves its purpose in efficiently holding air inside the hammock. This lounger has a weight capacity of 400 pounds, so you can use it with a friend or partner. Plus, it’s easy to transport. It folds up to 12 x 8 x 4 inches and carries nicely in the included carry bag.
Anti-deflation technology ensures that this air lounger will stay inflated for 5-6 hours at a time. The design behind this is the use of twin air compartments, in addition to the liner. When inflating, you will fill up each air compartment separately. Then you simply wrap the opening tube 4-5 times to seal in the air and firm up the lounger.
A curved headrest makes for a comfortable pillow that will take your relaxation to the next level. On one side of the air lounger, you will find two mesh pockets for small items, and on the other, you will find an elastic drink holder. A stake and sewn-in anchor make it easy to secure the air hammock. AlphaBeing also includes a complimentary drink holder to always have on hand.
AlphaBeing markets their Air Hammock as usable on a variety of surfaces from sand to rocky terrain, even water. There are 16 color options to choose from. And AlphaBeing has a 100% satisfaction guarantee to all customers, no questions asked.
- 🌞 Our new and improved 2019 design was made to hold the optimal amount of air for longer lasting inflation. The inflatable bed is made from strong and durable waterproof polyester (210T) which is lightweight and has an anti tear feature and can be used as a floating device. -300lbs weight capacity. The lounge sofa is designed with 3 pockets for your cell phone , water bottle and favorite magazine .
- 🌞 Easy to Use - mockins Inflatable outdoor lounge chairs do not require an air pump. Simply open it up against the wind and whisk it through the air to fill the lounger. You may need to do this 3-4 times. Then roll the edges in , buckle and you're all set! Also included is a peg to help keep the lounger in place. Once inflated the blow up lounger can be used as a pool floats , beach chairs , lawn chair , camping chair and can even replace the typical bean bag chair .
- 🌞Created for convenience, more spacious and extra comfortable blow up beach chair . The compact storage makes this part of your vacation essentials. Whether you adding it to your camping gear , pool toys , camper accessories , beach accessories , festival accessories , camping supplies the small and light bag will fit right in.
- 🌞 This is the perfect item to bring to your favorite music festival or your next pool party. The air lounger is a quick and fun way to add outdoor seating and pool chairs . It is also great for an adult beach lounge chair as well as kids beach chair and portable outdoor couch .
- ✅ ✅ CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We are so sure you are going to love our Inflatable couch that we offer a 3 year warranty. So take it easy and chill on your new favorite summer accessory because we've got your back!
The Mockins Inflatable Lounger takes us back to the basics with its completely traditional design. This is exactly why we’ve named it the best traditional air lounger.
This air lounger has simple features that meet your needs. Plus, it showcases the original product design that made us all fall in love with air loungers. It is made of durable polyester that is both tear-resistant and water-resistant.
When fully inflated, the Mockins Inflatable Lounger measures 73 x 16 x 31 inches. When folded up, it measures 13 x 7 x7 and fits into the included compact carry case. When packed up the inflatable lounger weighs a total of 2 pounds. The weight capacity for this air lounger is 300 pounds.
There is no headrest designed for this lounger. However, the end does rise slightly due to the curvature of the inflatable tube. This makes for a comfortable place to rest your head. As we mentioned before, this simple design is taking us way back to the roots of air loungers, no flairs needed.
Virtually the only bonus feature is the series of three pockets on one side to hold small items. The pockets ascend in size to give you a place for cell phones, keys, drinks, and even a book or magazine. There is also a stake and an anchor point, sewed to one end, so you can stake down your air lounger.
The Mockins Inflatable Lounger comes in a pack of two so you can share the love — or should we say relaxation — with your family and friends. It is marketed as safe to use in water, making it usable on a wide range of surfaces.
- 21 gauge flocked waterproof top, sides and bottom
- 2-in-1 valve has extra wide openings for fast filling and quick deflate
- Cup Holder for refreshments
- Folds compactly for storage
- Portable and versatile furniture can be used camping, tailgating, relaxing around the house, and more; inflates in just minutes
Our pick for the best air hammock chair with ottoman is the Intex Inflatable Furniture Series. This chair/ottoman duo rests at the perfect angle for social relaxation, and its tufted design is very comfortable.
This chair and ottoman set is extremely versatile. You can use it indoors or outdoors. And having a separate ottoman allows people of any height to enjoy it.
Unlike the others in our review, this inflatable air lounger does require a pump. This can be a pain to pack, but regardless of what anyone says, it saves you from getting a few stares while you’re inflating it.
The Intex Inflatable Furniture Series is produced in the USA. It is made of a vinyl material, similar to that of an air mattress, and it is completely coated with 21 gauge flocking. This material is waterproof and resistant to punctures. However, it is not puncture-proof. Intex recommends using it on a flat surface, clear of debris.
This lounger weighs 7 pounds and measures 39 x 30 x 51 inches (ottoman 25 x 11 inches). It is equipped with a 2-in-1 valve with an extra-wide opening to quickly and easily make the inflation and deflation processes. This also allows you to release as much air as possible and fold the lounger up small for storage.
This inflatable hammock chair has one feature that no other lounger in this review has: a full-on cup holder. A good cup holder is a must in any outdoor chair if you ask me.
The maximum weight capacity for the Intex Inflatable Furniture Series is 220 pounds, so it is best used for one or two people at a time.
Material: Ripstop Nylon or Polyester
If you ask any outdoor professional, they will tell you that nylon is the superior fabric. Nylon is more durable and slightly better at insulating. If you plan to use your inflatable hammock on rough terrain or in the cold, you may want to consider nylon over polyester.
With that being said, when it comes to inflatable hammocks, both nylon and polyester are superb options, especially with ripstop technology.
These two types of fabrics actually have a lot in common. Both are tear-resistant and water-resistant. Both are lightweight, yet durable, and have some stretch to them. Both are easy to clean and resistant to mold and mildew.
As you can see, nylon and polyester have many of the same qualities. Nylon’s performance is just slightly better than polyester.
If you’re set on getting a nylon inflatable hammock, a good option is the SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger. However, if polyester meets all your needs, we recommend the WEKAPO Inflatable Lounger.
You may be surprised that these cloud-like tubes of air have a high weight capacity. The average weight capacity for an air lounger is about 400 pounds.
The air lounger with the highest weight capacity in this inflatable hammock review is the WEKAPO Inflatable Air Lounger, at 500 pounds. Our top pick, the SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger comes in right behind it, with a maximum capacity of 440 pounds.
Although these weight capacities are high, it has been proven that the more weight put on the air lounger, the lower the inflation time. For optimal use, we recommend one adult lay on the lounger at a time. This rings true for all air loungers.
The average size of inflatable air loungers is about 73 x 30 x 16 inches. And many compact to about 12 x 8 for easy storage and transportation.
Air loungers this size provide just over six feet in length when inflated. Even if you are taller than six feet, you may still find this size appropriate. Many people like to swing their legs over the sides of the air lounger, rather than laying perfectly straight in the middle.
A great option for tall people is the Intex Inflatable Furniture Series. This inflatable hammock chair comes with a separate ottoman that you can adjust to fit your specific height and comfort level.
Once you get the hang of it, inflatable loungers are a breeze to set up. After all there are only two steps in the inflation process. First, whisk the lounger in the air a few times. Second, roll up and secure the opening.
Whisking is the trickiest part, not because it’s difficult, but because it can be awkward at first. To speed up your inflation time, be sure to close the opening after each whisk.
When it’s all said and done, you can have your air lounger set up in as little as 60 seconds.
All the inflatable loungers in this review are made with water-resistant materials. Nylon, polyester, and vinyl shed water easily, so you can take your lounger camping or to the beach without it becoming sopping wet.
It’s important to note that water-resistance does not mean safe for water use. Some inflatable loungers are marked for water use while others are not. Be sure to check before you use your lounger in water, and read our note below about water use.
Do I need an air pump to inflate the lounger?
You do not need an air pump to inflate inflatable air loungers. Believe it or not, it’s actually less of a hassle to inflate loungers by whisking them through the air rather than aiming a pump into the tube.
The large opening on inflatable loungers allows for a large amount of air to flow into the tube. And the snapping closure keeps the air inside while you reset for another whisk. There’s no need to pack along a pump. Save yourself the space and the hassle.
With that being said, a select few inflatable hammocks, especially hammock chairs like the Intex Inflatable Furniture Series, do require a pump.
How should I clean it when it gets dirty?
In no circumstance should you put your inflatable hammock in the washing machine. It is always best to spot clean instead of machine wash.
To spot clean your inflatable hammock simply wet a washcloth with water and gently rub out the dirty area in circular motions. Dirt and mud are easily cleaned using this method. However, if you have a trickier stain you want removed, you can try adding detergent or soap to your washcloth with warm water.
You can also try setting the lounger out in direct sunlight. Oftentimes, sunlight will bleach stains right out, no elbow grease is required.
Are inflatable loungers comfortable?
If you ask us, inflatable loungers are extremely comfortable. However, there are a couple of caveats.
First, you must know how to lay on them to avoid them from swallowing you. The traditional air loungers have a lengthwise crack down the center. If you swing your legs over one side, you won’t fall into that deep dark abyss of a crack.
Second, air loungers are notorious for their lack of breathability. On a hot or humid day, you may find yourself slipping around in your own sweat.
There is a solution to both of these problems, that being our top pick, the SEGOAL Inflatable lounger. This lounger has a mesh panel in the center that takes the large crevice and provides good airflow.
Can inflatable loungers be used in water?
We know what you’re thinking, inflatable loungers look like the ultimate raft for lounging on the lake or in the pool. However, not all inflatable loungers are approved for water use and may be dangerous to use as a flotation device. Some may capsize, while others may sink and be hard to pull out of the water.
Always read the manufacturer’s instructions before taking your inflatable lounger in the water. The loungers that are approved for water use in this review are the AlphaBeing Air Hammock and the Mockins Inflatable Lounger.
If you use your lounger in water, be sure to let it hang out to dry completely before storing it. This will prevent mold from growing and rotting the material.
Depending on the product category, many times the best overall pick is very similar to its competitors. That, however, is not the case with inflatable lounge chairs. The SEGOAL Inflatable Lounger ranks far and beyond other inflatable hammocks in both design and performance.
The smooth nylon material, mesh panel, and ergonomic design make this lounger comfortable all around. In this case, it is worth the extra money to invest in the top-rated inflatable hammock.
Nonetheless, the traditional style air loungers are preferred by some, and you can’t deny their fun and unique aesthetic. The WEKAPO Inflatable Air Lounger is a great traditional style air lounger. This design has a few bonus features that make it extra comfortable and practical.
Take your relaxation up a notch with any of these fun and comfortable air loungers in our best inflatable loungers review.