Are you a travel enthusiast? Do you love to escape into nature and spend time exploring? Of all your travel requirements, a sleeping bag holds is one of the most important. It provides you
with a peaceful night’s sleep which will help keep you active during the day. Whether you travel into the woods or the mountains, a sleeping bag is a trusted companion.
Rectangular sleeping bags have been round for ages and are suitable for spending a comfortable night under the stars. However, the endless options available will surely overwhelm you. Therefore, we have compiled a list of best rectangular sleeping bags for your next outdoor trip.
Kelty Galactic 30 DriDown Sleeping Bag – The Best Overall
Polyester taffeta with 600 fill DriDown insulation
Teton Sports XXL Sleeping Bag – Runner Up
Polyester flannel lining,cotton fabrics,synthetic material
210T nylon diamond ripstop fabric, Techloft insulation
Nemo Huckleberry Rectangular Sleeping Bag – Premium Choice
Stratofiber insulation, high-quality exterior
Spinning cotton filling with polyester pongee line, waterproof cover shell
Redcamp Cotton Sleeping Bag – Best Budget Rectangular Sleeping Bag
210T polyester ripstop fabric, soft flannel lining
800 Fill power 95/5 white goose down, water-resistant down fill
36°F to 45°F
Top 7 Best Rectangular Sleeping Bags Review:
1. Kelty Galactic 30 DriDown Sleeping Bag: The Best
Enjoy your camping beneath the twinkling stars with this trusted sleeping companion. The Galactic 30 DriDown sleeping bag from Kelty is all you need for a comfortable night’s sleep after an adventurous day. Made from the most comfortable material, this rectangular sleeping bag is compact yet spacious.
Campers need sleeping bags that insulate them even when it’s wet. This dream is fulfilled by
Kelty’s Galactic 30 DriDown bag.
Made from polyester taffeta with 600 fill DriDown insulation, this bag is capable of holding its shape even when wet. The lofty down clusters of the bag offer a premium feel and allow you to sleep comfortably.
The rectangular shape of the bag makes it spacious and provides you with ample room to spread your legs and sleep without having to curl up. The shape is perfect for car campers too.
Whether you sleep on your stomach or your side, this rectangular sleeping bag is all you need for comfortable sleeping.
A feature that sets this sleeping bag apart is that it is available in varying lengths for people of different heights. You will find a women’s model (68 inches long), and a men’s model (78 inches long, 72 inches long). Therefore, you have the choice of buying a bag which is ideal for your height.
An important point to be noted in this rectangular sleeping bag review is Galactic’s full zipper feature. This gives good ventilation on warm summer nights and keeps you comfortable.
The Galactic 30 DriDown scores full points for its amazing warmth. Users found the bag’s
down insulation to be adequate and soothing.
The versatility of this bag lies in its simplicity. From backyard camping to backcountry exploration, you can count on this bag for almost everything. The rugged exterior and down insulation make it perfect for a variety of occasions.
This sleeping bag can be turned into a bigger bag by simply zipping two bags together. This allows you to create a double-wide bed with twice as much space and comfort.
What we like
- All-purpose camping bag
- Lightweight, compact and warm
- Hydrophobic down
- Anti-snag zipper
- Stuff sack for storing and carrying
What we don’t like
- More expensive than other bags
- Some users experienced problems with the zip
This bag is full of useful features which provide you with the best sleeping experience when away from home. The insulation, material, size and all other features are completely on point and this makes it one of the best sleeping bags in the market.
2. Teton Sports XXL Sleeping Bag: Runner Up
- COMFORTABLE SLEEPING BAG FOR ADULTS: Soft lining; Half-circle mummy style hood keeps you warm and your pillow clean; Unzips at the top or bottom for easy access and ventilation; For camping in 3 seasons
- NEVER ROLL YOUR SLEEPING BAG AGAIN: TETON provides a great compression sack for stuffing your sleeping bag; Start at the bottom and stuff the bag in, then tighten the heavy-duty straps
- STAY WARM IN COLD WEATHER: You’ll be warm and rested in this sleeping bag; Innovative fiber fill, double-layer construction and draft tubes work together to keep the warmth in
- SLEEP WARM: Fluff your sleeping bag and use a camp pad to sleep warmer; Hang loops for long-term storage to maintain maximum loft
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
Come back to a comfortable sleeping experience after a long day on the trails with the Teton Celsius sleeping bag. Packed with all the essential features for keeping campers relaxed, this sleeping bag is a must-have for your excursions.
The following features make it a popular choice among nature enthusiasts:
This rectangular sleeping bag is super comfy as it is 90 inches long and 36 inches wide. It provides ample space to a single person to sleep very comfortably without any constriction. It will give you the feeling of sleeping in your bed at home while out in nature.
You can conveniently zip two Teton sleeping bags together in order to convert it into a double bed. This feature is particularly useful if you are traveling with your partner. The zipped bags can accommodate two people with ample place to sleep comfortably.
Keeps You Warm
Once inside, this sleeping bag will provide you with a lot of warmth and keep you safe from freezing temperatures.
This sleeping bag features SuperLoft Elite fiber-fill as its insulator. This makes it a wonderful option for those traveling in low temperatures. It has a warm polyester flannel lining which retains body heat.
Comes With a Hood
The Teton Celsius sleeping bag features a mummy-style hood that snaps around the head and provides you with additional warmth while keeping your pillow clean.
Material that Lasts
This sleeping bag is most suitable for those who want to do away with regular cotton fabrics. The all synthetic material in this bag is perfect for extended camping when you know it might be wet.
What we like
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Tape backing for the zipper
- Taffeta shell
- Compression sack
- Two-way zipper
What we don’t like
- Cannot unzip and form a blanket
- Hand-wash only
If you are looking for a synthetic sleeping bag, then the Celsius XXL is the one for you. The fact that it can be compressed into a backpacking sack makes it the best rectangular sleeping bag for backpacking. This sleeping bag is reasonably priced and performs well in terms of warmth and comfort. Therefore, it is excellent value for money.
3. Browning McKinley 0 Degree Sleeping Bag: Heavy Duty
- Outer shell made of extremely durable 210T nylon diamond rip stop fabric, paired with a Brushed polyester liner
- Designed to keep you warm during extreme weather, this 0 degree bag is filled with our 7 denier techloft Silver insulation
- Insulated chest and zipper baffle with two-layer construction s to trap in maximum heat and prevent unwanted cold spots
- Our Browning Camping McKinley sleeping bag is on our best sellers list; a must-have in your camping collection
- Dimensions: 36" X 90", weight: 8 lbs. 12 oz. , fill weight: 96 oz. ; compression stuff sack included
If a giant sleeping bag is what you need for your next camping or hunting trip, then this bag is just right for you. The Browning McKinley sleeping bag is a huge sleeping bag which will provide you with all the space you need.
The Techloft insulation of this bag sets it apart from the rest. The McKinley series consists of multi-hole staple-length micro-denier fibers. For maximum insulation and compactness, it has a siliconized finish. This feature is the most important one, as it helps to keep you warm and toasty at low temperatures.
You will love the shape and construction of this sleeping bag. Its rectangular shape allows you to spread your legs and at the same time, the contoured hood keeps your head wrapped and makes you feel secure and comfy. The 2-layer construction successfully eliminates cold spots.
You will love the space that this sleeping bag provides. Being 36 inches wide and 90 inches long, this sleeping bag has ample space for you to spread out and sleep comfortably. The availability of large space makes you feel like you’re sleeping in your bed at your home.
The compression stuff sack is here to make this giant bag easy to transport. The sack also consists of roll-up straps which make it easy to compress the sleeping bag and carry it on your trips.
The outer shell of this sleeping bag is made from 210T nylon diamond ripstop fabric. It is paired with a brushed polyester liner to make it long-lasting and be your companion for many years to come.
What we like
- Insulated chest and zipper
- Contoured hood
- Excellent warmth
- Heavy-duty sleeping bag
- Giant size
- Plastic coil zippers
What we don’t like
- Difficult to compress
- Large size poses difficulties in carrying on long trips
We can say that the Browning McKinley sleeping bag is one of the best on the market. With outstanding insulation features and a large size, this sleeping bag will give you the feeling of your own bed. No matter how rough the weather gets, this bag will keep you warm and comfortable at all times.
4. Nemo Huckleberry Rectangular Sleeping Bag: Premium Quality
- Nostalgic bedroll made from the highest quality materials.
- Flannel interior is soft and warm.
- Waxed cotton canvas exterior with quilted stitching is satisfyingly comfortable and resists water.
- Custom detailing like brass zippers and leather patchwork and pulls.
- Use as a sleeping bag or unzip for a plush comforter.
If you are planning your next retreat, you will want to take along a comfortable sleeping bag. Snuggle up tight in this very cozy and warm bedroll from Nemo. The Nemo Huckleberry sleeping bag is a classic bag which will make your camping experience a wonderful one.
Retaining old-fashioned style, Nemo has designed this sleeping bag for hipsters and those who like nostalgic charm. This bedroll takes you back to the good old days with a quilted and waxed cotton canvas design.
A very eye-catching feature of this bedroll is the custom detailing which includes brass zippers and leather patchwork. This makes the sleeping bag roll out in style.
This rectangular sleeping bag is made from the highest quality materials which are capable of resisting water. The interior of the bag has a soft and warm flannel which keeps you comfortable and warm in almost all weather conditions.
Snuggle into the huckleberry bedroll as a comfortable crash pad or use it as a comforter, the choice is yours. This sleeping bag can be unzipped completely and used as a huge blanket.
What we like
- High-quality material
- Quilted pattern looks attractive
- Stratofiber insulation to keep you warm
- Can be unzipped into a comforter
- Value for money
What we don’t like
- Maximum user height 6 Ft.
This sleeping bag is worth the money and works well to keep you warm and comfortable. It’s versatile and features some quite thoughtful design. It surely deserves a place in your car trunk for all your adventures.
5. Norsens Ultralight Sleeping Bag: Ultralight
- 【Comfort & Warm for Every Night】- Designed with skin-friendly polyester pongee liner, filled with enough spinning cotton, keep you warm and comfort all night on any ground. And you can also unzip the feet separately to get some needed venting for additional comfort while still maintaining insulation.
- 【Easy to carry, Lightweight】- Bring with a compression sack, you can pack down it easily and take away. 3.6lb - enough lightweight for your backpacking, hiking,camping, travelling. Reduce your additional weight, make you feel more relax.
- 【Roomy Size for Double】- Generous in size 32.6”x90.5”. Suitable sleeping bag for kids, adults. You can also zip two together for one large size, which can be used for couples, friend, and Parent-child.
- 【Upgrade Buckle for Compress】- You can use the buckles on 4straps for compressing the sleeping bag and make it smaller to 7.8”x7.8”. Great buckles give you more good will on details. And help you store it on small space.
- 【100% Satisfaction】- If for any reason you're not satisfied, contact us directly, we offer 90-Day NO Hassle Return and 3-Year Worry-Free Guarantee.
The Norsens ultralight sleeping bag is for those who love camping and hiking in the backwoods. If you are traveling to areas with near-freezing temperatures this sleeping bag could well be your savior.
A very useful feature of this sleeping bag is that you can machine wash it. This makes
cleaning easier after each use. You don’t have to go through the hassle of hand-washing it, which can be difficult.
The Norsen sleeping bag features a 100% water-resistant, weatherproof cover shell. Therefore, you can count on this best lightweight rectangular sleeping bag for undertaking all your adventurous and thrilling trips. It will keep you safe and dry, even if the weather gets rough.
Ultralight & Compressible
This wonderful sleeping bag is super compressible and ultralight. You can compact it to a size of 20 x 20 cm and it won’t take up much space in your bag. So, if you are looking for a sleeping bag which is promising yet compact then this is the one for you. You can save place for some additional gear in your bag.
Traveling to places with low temperatures? Look no further. The Norsens sleeping bag is here to keep you nice and warm. The bag features spinning cotton filling, a skin-friendly polyester pongee liner which will keep you warm in cold weather.
It also has a full-length side-draft tube, and two layers overlap zippers around the bottom. Therefore, there are no cracks or openings which helps you feel warmer.
What we like
- Large size (for up to 6’ 5” tall adults)
- Anti-pinch zipper
- Machine washable
- Offers ample space
- 12-month warranty
- Built-in hood
- Can be used as a quilt or mat
What we don’t like
- Some users found it to be too large for backpacking
- Not very compact
Comfortable, lightweight, and warm, this bag is an ideal choice if you camp in low- temperature environments. The Norsens ultralight sleeping bag also offers ample space for the user to sleep comfortably. The quilted straight design enhances the look of the bag while also providing excellent insulation.
6. Redcamp Cotton Sleeping Bag: Best Value for Money
- Shell: 210T Polyester ripstop-resiatant lattice cloth; Lining: 100% Cotton flannel; Fill: Hollow cotton fiber.
- Two-layer and S-chamber fiberlock construction. Hollow fiber insulation for excellent heat retention
- 2-way zippers that right or left-hand zippers allow for 2 bags to be attached.
- Multiple weights for temperate rating 14-32 Degrees F(-10 to 0 Degrees C).
- 30-day 100% money back guarantee.
Searching for that perfect sleeping bag for a chilly camping night? The Redcamp cotton flannel sleeping bag is a wonderful choice. This 3-season sleeping bag is here to provide you with all the required comfort and warmth on your excursions.
The material used in this sleeping bag is very impressive. It is made from high-quality and durable 210T polyester ripstop fabric. As sleeping bags are meant to be used in harsh and rugged environments, the tough material makes it a very good choice.
Experience optimum comfort and warmth in the Redcamp flannel sleeping bag. Made from soft flannel lining and rebounded hollow cotton fiber, this bag will provide you with the right amount of warmth, even at colder temperatures.
The 2lb cotton-lined filing is made for temperatures of 50-77°F and the 3lb filling is suitable for a temperature range of 41-68° F. There is a 4lb filling too which is suitable for a temperature range of 32-59°F.
The 2-way zipper feature makes this best rectangular down sleeping bag a distinct one. It is made for left and right-handers to use easily. It is also possible to join together two sleeping bags.
For convenient storage and traveling purposes, the bag comes with a compressed Oxford sack. Therefore, you can easily pack it into the sack which will save a lot of space when it is not in use.
What we like
- Built-in cords to help pack it in the stuff sack
- Lasts longer
- Can be made double-width
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Various filling options
- Internal pocket
What we don’t like
- Comparatively thin
- Zippers can be annoying at times
- Not for backpackers
With this sleeping bag, you will enjoy a peaceful sleep after an adventurous day. It is available with different filling options and this is a very distinct feature. You can therefore choose the variant which is most suitable for you.
However, this is not suitable for backpacking. So, if you are looking for a backpacking bag, then you need to consider a different sleeping bag.
7. Aegismax Sleeping Bag
- Recommended Height for User:Regular-175cm/5'9;Large-190cm/6'3（Manual measurement error 2~5cm.）
- COMFORTABLE:800 filling power goose down and great soft skin fabric,keep you warm and comfortable all night.
- Sleeping bag shape:Tapered rectangular; Baffle design:lateral baffles
- Fabric:15D Nylon with high density down proof weave.
Aegismax is known for making outdoor products which are both affordable and durable. This best rectangular sleeping bag review will give you in-depth details about the UL goose down sleeping bag. Goose down can make you sweat even when the temperatures outside are freezing. Let us look at the features of this bag and how they are useful for your hiking and camping trips.
This sleeping bag is known to have 800 Fill power 95/5 white goose down. This is a high quality, premium material that Aegismax has used in order to make the bag durable. So, quality-wise, you can rest assured that this UL goose down bag will be your companion for many years.
You can choose from two sizes when purchasing this sleeping bag as based on your height. One is the regular size which is appropriate for a height of up to 5’9”, and there is the large size which is suitable for a height of up to 6’3”.
A very important feature to consider with sleeping bags is their compressed size. As the Aegismax UL bag consists of goose down fill, compressing it is quite easy. Once compressed, it takes up very little space in your bag. Therefore, you can carry other essential stuff on your adventure trip. It has an extremely lightweight feel.
The Aegismax UL bag consists of a 1lb goose down fill which is enough to provide you with an adequate amount of insulation in cold climates. This bag can keep you toasty and warm within a temperature range of 36 to 45° F.
An exceptional feature of this bag is that it is washable. Goose down bags are not usually washable, but with this Aegismax bag, it is possible. You can therefore keep your bag clean and shiny.
The down fill of this Aegismax bag is DWR-treated, so you don’t have to panic even if you need to sleep in wet conditions. This bag will keep you dry and let you enjoy a peaceful sleep.
What we like
- Zipper works well
- Maximum warmth
- Premium material
- Soft fabric
- Can be zipped together with another bag
What we don’t like
- Cold spots
If you are looking for a lightweight and highly compressible sleeping bag, then you can trust the Aegismax goose down bag. It feels very light and compresses down into a pretty small pack. The goose down fill makes it a premium product which will function well in three seasons.
The only downside that we found is that cold spots are created in the down when you move around in the bag.
The wrong sleeping bag can spoil your hiking or camping trip, leaving you exhausted and sleep- deprived.
To make sure your trip is an enjoyable and comfortable one, have a look at the guide below. We will tell you in detail how to go about choosing the most appropriate sleeping bag for your adventures.
Sleeping bags for different activities
One important aspect to consider when buying a sleeping bag is the activity you are going to use it for. Whether you are going on an extended backpacking trip or simple camping trip will help you decide the type.
– Camping sleeping bags
Camping sleeping bags are geared to provide you with more comfort and space. They are bulkier, heavier, and not designed to be backpacked. Their focus is more on comfort and makes them ideal for family trips and other rural sojourns.
– Backpacking sleeping bags
Weight and compressibility should be the main considerations when choosing a backpacking sleeping bag. A bulky sleeping bag is never easy to stuff inside a sack. The big three of choosing a backpacking sleeping bag are shelter, sleeping pad, and pack. These should always be remembered. Check the best backpacking sleeping bag under $100 here.
– Mountaineering sleeping bags
A mountaineering sleeping bag is similar to a backpacking one with additional focus on warmth and water resistance. To provide you with more warmth, yet remain lightweight, these bags feature high-quality insulation. This can make them a bit more expensive.
Key Features to Look for When Selecting a Sleeping Bag
A basic feature that you should look for in a sleeping bag is inner pockets. Interior pockets are useful for storing your valuables such as mobile phone, wallet, watch etc.
Folding away sleeping bags can be a big task. Storage sacks make it easier to put the bag away and store it.
A sleeping bag that contains a hood can help retain heat inside the bag. You can choose a hood with cord strings which can be loosened or tightened according to your requirements.
A two-way zip feature is particularly useful when you require extra ventilation. Zips can be full or halfway length.
Baffles are the compartments in a sleeping bag that keep the filling in place. They prevent cold spots in the bag and keep you warm.
Based on your camping requirements, you can make your choice based on the outer fabric of the sleeping bag. Sleeping bags can be made with nylon polyester, water-repellant polyester, nylon ripstop, etc. These fabrics increase the durability, water-resistance, and breathability of the bag.
Keep in mind the temperatures you will be facing while you are on your expeditions. You can select a sleeping bag by anticipating the temperatures. There are three temperature categories of sleeping bag which you can choose from.
Choosing the best rectangular sleeping bag will help you enjoy your adventures to the fullest. The warmth and comfort of a rectangular sleeping bag will help you get much-needed sleep at night after trailing around during the day.
In our opinion, the Kelty sleeping bag is the ultimate sleeping bag for your adventure trips. This bag is warm, is made of top-quality material, has several filling options, and is also wider than many others. It is a great option if you are looking for something affordable with all the required features.
Each brand and model varies in terms of fit, warmth, and weight. You must carefully select the bag which best matches your requirements. Therefore, we have gathered the top 7 rectangular sleeping bags that provide good features for adventure enthusiasts.
We hope you will find the type of sleeping bag that best suits your needs from the list above. Happy adventuring!