Festival-goers know the excitement of camping at a music festival under the stars as you drift off to sleep with your favorite songs stuck in your head. For the ultimate experience, it is a great idea to research a variety of tents beforehand so that you can be ready to rock with the best tent for a festival.
If you are camping with a large group, the best option is the Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 Festival Dome Tent, which provides plenty of space and a comfortable atmosphere for those summer nights. For solo camping, the Kelty Salida 1-Person Camping and Backpacking Tent is your best bet, with its quality construction and a lightweight frame that makes camping fun and enjoyable.
Read on for a thorough description and comparison of these festival tents and more!
|Best Large Tent for Music Festival||Coleman Cortes Octagon Festival Dome Tent||
|Best Small Tent for Music Festival||Kelty Salida 1-Person Camping and Backpacking Tent||
|Best Budget Pick||Chillbo Cabbins 2-Person Camping tent||
|The Coleman Instant Cabin Tent||
|ABCCANOPY Canopy Tent||
|Coleman Sundome Tent||
|ZOMAKE Pop-Up Tent||
Reviews of Best Tent for Festival
Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 Festival Dome Tent – Best Large Tent for Music Festival
- 360 Degree view plus enhanced ventilation: Six large windows and mesh roof for maximum air circulation; two hinged doors open like a real door for easy access; full head height throughout the large eight person tent
- Sturdy and easy to pitch family size octagon tent: Colour-coded steel poles for easy set up and a good response to wind, flysheet can be removed and tent transforms into a bug-proof screen room
- Single extra large room: With a removable partition curtain to segregate it into two areas; can be dressed as luxury glamping bedroom, playroom for kids or a perfect tent for festival gatherings
- 100 Percent waterproof: Thanks to Coleman's Weather Tec system with 2000 mm HH combined with taped seams and fully sewn-in groundsheet will keep you dry, whatever the weather
- Enhanced size: 3.96 x 3.96 x 2.15 m (L x W x H); 1 bedroom: 15.7 sq m total; pack size: 85 x 30 x 30 cm (20.7 kg); tent pegs and sturdy wheeled carry bag included; colour: Orange
The Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 Festival Dome Tent is a dome-style, family-sized tent with plenty of space for up to eight adults, making your festival days truly a time to remember. This tent is our pick for the best large tent for a music festival, as it is spacious enough to stand up in and sleep in comfort.
In the stifling summer heat, ventilation is extremely important. The Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 provides plenty of airflow through its mesh roof and six wide windows that let the breeze in. Not only this, but the tent’s spaciousness keeps it from feeling stuffy.
For protection from the elements, there is a provided flysheet as well as Coleman’s patented Weather Tec system consisting of taped seams and a sewn in, fully integrated polyethylene groundsheet to keep the tent body 100% waterproof. With this tent, you can feel fully shielded from showers.
The flysheet can be taken off to reveal even more screen space, giving you a 360-degree view of the festival surroundings as well as extra ventilation. The “no-see-um” mesh screen also keeps pesky insects out. The Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 is also equipped with two fully functional, hinged doors for easier tent access and even more ventilation.
While the Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 is designed as a single large room, there is a removable curtain divider if you would like to divide the floor into two living spaces for privacy. This makes it a versatile option for separate groups who still wish to sleep under a single large tent.
Finally, the Coleman is quick to set up with its color-coded poles, so you can get back to the music faster. There is also a provided carrying bag for easy portability, even though the tent overall is heavy.
Kelty Salida Camping and Backpacking Tent – Best Small Tent for Music Festival
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment.Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 4
- Floor area: 55 ft² / 5.11 m², Vestibule area: 11 ft² / 1.02 m². Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
The Kelty Salida 1-Person Camping and Backpacking Tent is the best option if you are a solo camper. While it’s marketed as a backpacking tent, the Kelty Salida is an excellent choice for festival activities, because it is rather lightweight and easy to set up. This is a durable tent that won’t feel like a burden and impose upon your fun experience.
Weighing only 3.89 pounds, you can easily bring the Kelty Salida with you as you watch the bands play, or it’s small enough to stuff into your backpack in the car. It is small enough to fit nearly anywhere and stay out of the way.
While the maximum capacity of this tent is two adults, one person would be more comfortable, as the floor area is only 20 square feet with a maximum height of just 38 inches. This is not a tent you will be walking around in, but it serves its purpose well.
The Kelty Salida will be sure to keep you warm enough during those fall festivals or cool in the summer months. The tent is designed to withstand the elements with effective waterproofing, taped seams, and a rainfly, but it also has plenty of ventilation that allows you to feel the breeze. This makes the tent a versatile option for many festival activities in different seasons.
Featuring “no-see-um” mesh walls, the tent keeps the insects away all night. There is also a large door and storage pockets along the interior for your gear. Also, the Kelty Salida is simple to set up, with color coded clips and fly attachments. There are only two poles required for arrangement.
Lastly, the Kelty Salida fits nicely into a compact carrying bag for your convenience.
- 🌈 RIDICULOUSLY GOOD LOOKING lightweight and portable 2 person tent that's large enough to use as a 3 person tent. Whether you're in the Great Outdoors or your backyard, you'll look better than your neighbors with these BADA$$ tents for camping. Comes in 6 unique designs that are awesome for funky adults, boys and girls. Easy tent setup and our roomy carry bag ensures you don't need to wrestle with your camping tent to get it back into the bag. Our compact tent slots into the bag with ease.
- 🤘QUALITY BUILD AND AMAZING VALUE CAMPING GEAR. Built as a stormproof tent using premium materials like a Full Fly Sheet, Oxford Floor, 2000mm Waterproof tent with seams sealed to keep you dry. Internal pockets for storage and cross-wound tent poles for strength and durability. Easy Access and very breathable tent via 2 large D-frame doors and 2 mesh window panels make this the ultimate backpacking tent to add to your hiking gear. Our Chillbo dome tent sets up easy and packs down in minutes.
- ⛈STORMPROOF AND SPACIOUS TWO PERSON TENT or cosy three man tent keeps you safe from the elements. The Chillbo Cabbins 3 season tent has a covered entryway, full coverage fly sheet and wind responsive frame for quick, easy shelter while backpacking, car camping, hiking or living large at a music festival. No-See-Um mesh protects you from critters so you can chillax. Large enough to fit a queen mattress so you can cosy up to that special someone, or pack the little ones into these fun kids tents.
- 🎁IDEAL GIFT FOR CAMPERS for a loved one that wants a camping tent that stands out from the crowd. Never lose your dome tent in a sea of bland camping tents again! Our custom patterns have been designed in-house and look way slicker than your average camping tent. Did we mention that this is the ultimate kids tent? Kids freakin' love our camping equipment too. Now they can have a rainbow kids tent to match their rainbow unicorn and fall in love with tent camping.
- 🙌 LIFETIME GUARANTEE ensures 100% customer satisfaction. If your Chillbo Cabbins tent should ever cease to meet your expectations, return it for a full refund of your purchase price. No questions asked. If you still need convincing, feel free to check out the many reviews that our customers have written about the Chillbo tent for camping. We're pumped to bring these to the market, and you'll be jazzed hanging out in your awesome lightweight camping tent. GO ON, CLICK ADD TO CART TODAY.
The Chillbo Cabbins Camping Tent is the best budget pick among these festival tents, as it costs only $84.95 on the manufacturer’s website. This stylishly colorful, affordable, dome-shaped tent is rather lightweight and fits two to three campers comfortably throughout the seasons.
Like many other quality tents, the Chillbo Cabbins features “no-see-um” mesh to keep the insects out while providing plenty of ventilation. There are also two extra-large doors and large mesh panels that allow air to flow across the tent for a nice breeze in the warmer weather.
The tent is marketed to set up and disassemble completely in only a few minutes, making it a good fit for busy festival environments. You don’t even need any tools to set it up.
The Chillbo Cabbins can withstand three seasons, with its durable, sealed seams and a strong fiberglass frame utilizing cross-wound poles. Its waterproofed oxford floor helps keep leaks out.
Built to stand out, the Chillbo Cabbins is available in several different patterns and color options, so you can easily find your tent among the sea of tents at a crowded festival.
The Chillbo Cabbins also features storage pockets for your most important gear. Included with your purchase is a carrying bag.
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in
- ENHANCED VENTILATION: Integrated rainfly offers extra weather protection with better airflow
- BUILT TO LAST: Double-thick fabric stands up to the elements season after season
- INSTANT SETUP: In as fast as 1 minute
- ROOMY INTERIOR: 10 x 9 ft. with 6 ft. center height; fits 2 queen-size air beds
The Coleman Instant Cabin Tent is the tent with the most extra features, boasting darkroom technology and available in several sizes depending on how much room you need. This is an easy-to-set-up, durable tent that will last for many years of festival days and nights.
This Coleman tent gets its namesake from the “instant” set-up system, featuring pre-attached poles. It is marketed to set up in only one minute, so you won’t be distracted from the festival for long at all.
The main feature of the Coleman is its darkroom technology, which blocks out 90% of the sun’s rays compared to other Coleman tents. This will not only keep you cooler in the summer festivals but allow you to sleep in later. With this tent, you can feel well-rested and ready for a long, busy festival day.
You can buy the Coleman Instant Cabin in three sizes. The four-person tent boasts 562 square feet of floor area, while the six-person has a much larger 1102 square feet. The 10-person tent is even roomier, with a 6 foot 7 inch tall center height and enough space for four queen-sized air beds. There is also an included room divider for privacy.
No matter which size you choose, you will be protected from the elements with Coleman’s WeatherTec system. This includes a strong rainfly and rip-resistant fabrics. With inverted, taped seams, double-thicked fabric, and welded corners, the Coleman provides a protective space from rain and wind alike.
The tent is not only weatherproof, but it is also well-ventilated with a ground vent and mesh panels. The Coleman also features reflective guy lines for safety at night.
- ABCCANOPY-professional and cost-effective: ABCCANOPY is the pop up canopy brand based in the USA, has professional tent specialist, design and sell the most professional and cost-effective canopy tent, deeply trusted by the American people. This model include more necessary accessories and useful panels, meets CPAI-84,perfect for any occasion. The 100 square feet of cool shade big enough for about 6 or 8 people, with plenty of room for a table and chairs.
- DIVERSIFICATION PANELS-this model includes(1) 3 x plain panel and 1xdoor panel with rolled up door: zippers on each sides,easily attach as many as you need.The door also has zippers on each side to keep it closed.(2) 1 x mesh wall:It helps to ventilate the interior of the screen roon helping to release trapped heat in hot days,also serving as a barrier against the unwanted small things.(3) 1 x half wall:The necessary part which made a professional commercial stall.
- BEST QUALITY OF FRAME AND FABRIC-The durable black-powder-coated steel, non-rust frame has nylon plastic connection hardware.Beautiful, strong and security.The latest thumb lock system,easy to lock and release.The canopy top is high-strength fabric with PU lining,blocking 99% of the sun's harmful rays.Stitching lines are all seam sealed to prevent water penetrate from seams to make our canopy tent waterproof.
- EASY TO POP IT UP&POP IT IN-Folding steel frame with no loose parts. No tools required. Setup and breakdown is quick and easy with the push button toggle leg adjustments and the oversize easy grab pull pins at the top corners.89.3 inch, 93.7 inch, 97.2 inch, three height positions.Oversize designed roller bag is easy to put frame and fabric in. Upgrade wheels and reinforced handles, easy to carry and long lasting.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED-10x10 Commercial Pop Up Canopy Tent + Roller Carry Bag+4 Sandbags+4 Ropes+4 Stakes+3 Removable Side Walls +1Half Wall +1Mesh Wall+1Door Wall. WHY BUYING FROM US-More side walls included. More durable. More professional. More situation situable. More cost-effective. One year after-sale protection for frame, six months after-sale protection for fabrics and accessories.
The ABCCANOPY Canopy Tent is the best canopy-style tent in this product round-up. Featuring 100 square feet of space, the ABCCANOPY is a great option for providing shade throughout the day even at the hottest of festivals. This canopy tent provides an excellent shaded space for lounging in chairs or eating without having to sit in the blazing sun.
Featuring a series of three panels, plus one door panel with a roll-up door, the ABCCANOPY can provide shelter from the wind and sun alike. The panels zip together for more security. Also, one of the walls is made of mesh to provide more ventilation.
The ABCCANOPY is also fairly easy to set up with a quick-release thumb-lock system and folding steel frame. You can also easily adjust the height as needed.
While the canopy does have sealed seams and a polyurethane-lined top for weatherproofing, this simpler tent will not withstand the highest of winds due to its taller frame and shape. This is a canopy meant for daytime festivals when the weather is calm.
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- WIND AND RAIN TESTED: Strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
- GREAT VENTILATION: Large windows and ground vent for enhanced airflow
- STAY CONNECTED: E-Port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside
- EASY SETUP: In 10 minutes
The Coleman Sundome Tent is our pick for the best couple’s tent in this product round-up. Weighing in at only 6.38 pounds and costing less than $200, this is an affordable, lightweight option with just enough space for you and your loved one to enjoy many festivals together.
Versatile weather-wise with a 3-season temperature rating, the Coleman Sundome promises to last for many years. Through a variety of weather situations, so you can still enjoy your festival even when the weather gets rainy or chilly.
The Coleman Sundome has welded corners to keep rain out, a flysheet, and a durable frame built for withstanding 35 mile per hour wind speeds. It is well-ventilated for warmer months with a ground vent and huge windows as well.
This tent is also versatile in other ways, and it is an excellent backpacking option with its lightweight frame and smaller size. This makes it a worthwhile purchase for those couples who also enjoy hiking.
- Seconds Pop Up - Open the package, unstrap the tent, throw it in the air, watch it open itself in seconds. No need to fumble with poles or complicated instructions
- Ventilation& Blocking Mosquitoes - 2 mesh doors, 2 mesh windows and an extra big mesh roof sky window. With high density mesh net, being air fresh while keeping insects out
- Tent Size - Open size : Very roomy for 3 adults, could easily fit 4 if needed. Ideal for a family rest. Folding Size: 80 cm in diameter as a disc（With installation instructions）
- Material - Durable sturdy 190T PU-coated silver ANTI-UV polyester fabric, provide UPF 50+ Sun Protection and no odd smell inside the tent
- NO RISK BUYING - Carrying bag With the installation instructions, or you can search “ZOMAKE tent” on the ""Youtube"" for the folding video. If anything at all goes wrong with your tent, you have 90 days to request a replacement, completely for free! This is our crazy promise. We don't lie.
The ZOMAKE Pop-Up Tent is the tent with the easiest set-up. The Zomake is also the best option for kids, as it features plenty of space and is built with a unique design that makes it an excellent playhouse.
This tent is a great option if you’re bringing your kids with you to the festival. Measuring 71 inches wide and 95 inches long inside, there is enough room for several kids to play or sleep inside. Alternatively, the tent can fit 3-4 adults, so it is quite versatile if you’d rather use it yourself.
As a “pop-up” tent, the Zomake is very easy to arrange and set up. You only need to remove the tent from the package, shake it out quickly, and watch as the tent “pops” to life. There are not even any poles needed to set up. Then, the tent easily packs away by simply folding into a compact size, so you won’t have to worry about complex instructions for taking it down either.
The tent protects you from mosquitos with high-density mesh netting on the doors and windows. The ceiling is also made of mesh for extra ventilation. You are protected from the sun with UPF 50+ coating on the fabric.
The durable polyester body and oxford flooring provide waterproofing as well, although this tent is not designed for heavy storms or high winds.
Buying Guide: What to Look For in a Festival Tent
Type of Tent
The best type of tent for a festival will depend on the number of people you’ll have camping with you and the features you are looking for. If you are a solo festival camper, a simpler tent may work best, such as a backpacking tent (as discussed above). For a small group of campers, a dome tent may provide just enough space while not being overly complicated to set up.
Larger camping groups may be best suited for a cabin style tent. These often have taller ceilings and a ton of room, often for more than ten campers. Their larger windows may help liven the atmosphere of your camping trip. Many cabin tents are even equipped with room separators so that your large group can be divided into smaller, more private rooms if so desired.
These larger tents may be more challenging to set up, but since you’ll have plenty of help, it can still be a fast process. Even better, some cabin tents are “instant” tents with prearranged poles, making them a great option for festival camping when you will be in a rush.
If you would like a tent that is versatile enough to take to the festival grounds but which is also suited for backpacking trips in the wilderness, you want to be sure that you’re purchasing a tent with quality materials and durable construction.
Quite often, tents are designed with a variation of polyester or nylon fabric. Both of these fabrics should last for many years and are rather lightweight, so you won’t have to worry about carrying a heavy tent around the festival.
If you may be facing inclement weather, look for a tent with a polyurethane coating and perhaps even a rainfly for more severe storms. Some tents may have an oxford or bathtub-style floor that is marketed as leakproof. The rainfly should also be removable for warmer weather.
For summer festivals, a 1- or 2-season tent may be appropriate. These will be lightweight, as they have thinner fabrics. However, keep in mind that these tents are not designed to hold up against storms, and they will rarely have a rainfly. These tents are not the most versatile options but would be acceptable if you plan to only use your tent at fair-weather festivals.
Alternatively, a three-season tent would be suitable for festivals, as it provides protection against the elements while also offering ventilation for warmer seasons. They may be more expensive, however, but they will likely last much longer. Be mindful of the weight of the tent, as some three-season tents can be quite heavy because of their more hefty construction.
As most festivals take place in warmer weather, make sure that your tent is well-ventilated. Look for tents with wide windows and doors, as well as extra mesh along the ceiling.
The windows should be placed on opposite sides of the tent so that air can effectively flow through the interior. Some tents have ground vents for extra air circulation.
If you and a larger group are planning to rock out at a festival, the Coleman Cortes Octagon Tent is your best option. With waterproofing, durable construction, and enough space for up to eight adults, this tent can withstand various weather conditions and last for several years.
On the flip side, if you’re attending a festival alone, the Kelty Salida would be the best choice, as it is extremely lightweight and reliably built. The Kelty is easy to set up, so it’s a great choice if you’re in a hurry to get back to the music.
Other great choices would be the Coleman Instant Cabin Tent if you’re looking for true UV protection and fast set-up time, or the ABCCANOPY if you would rather have an open canopy where you can picnic or hang out instead of a more traditional tent.
Any of these fantastic tents would be a great option for festival camping, providing a comfortable space to sleep peacefully after a long day of your favorite tunes!