If you and your significant other like to cuddle up under the night sky, a two person hammock is an excellent choice for relaxation and comfort. You can find two person hammocks in a variety of styles, and some of them even come with a stand for even easier assembly and versatility to use on a patio, deck, or even inside your own home.
The winner of this product round-up is the Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Lightweight Camping Hammock. This cozy hammock sports a fashionable look, a high weight capacity, easy portability, and strong material construction that adds to its durability for years of use.
If you’re looking for a hammock that comes with a stand, though, the Vivere Double Polyester Hammock with Space Saving Steel Stand is your best bet. With a 450-lb weight capacity, durable carrying bag, beautiful color choices, and reliably constructed body style, this hammock and stand set is sure to be an ultimate option for relaxation for you and your loved one.
For a full comparison of these hammocks, their similarities and differences, and more, read on below for our product round-up to find the best two person hammock for all your lounging days.
|Best Overall||Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Lightweight Camping Hammock||
|Vivere Double Polyester Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand||
|Budget Pick||Bear Butt Hammocks Double Camping Hammock||
|Sea to Summit Pro Hammock||
|Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock||
|Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock||
- Hammock for two: The DoubleNest is versatile, durable, and compact, making it perfect for camping, hiking, or lounging around with a friend.
- Adventure ready: Weighing only 19 ounces, the DoubleNest stuffs easily into attached storage bag. Packed Dimensions: (L x W) 5" x 5"; Unfolded Dimensions: (L x W) 9' 4" x 6' 2".
- Trustworthy material: Falling is not an option, unless it's to sleep. Made from 70D High Tenacity Nylon Taffeta, this breathable, quick drying nylon supports up to 400 pounds. (HAMMOCK STRAPS NOT INCLUDED)
- Master the art of lounging: Includes Aluminum Wiregate Carabiners and nautical grade line with stainless-steel snap links allowing you to secure the DoubleNest to trees, poles, boat masts, or even the wall.
- Please note: ENO attempts to reduce potential waste by using every bit of fabric available in production, so the color and stitching of the your hammock might vary from what is pictured.
The Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Lightweight Camping Hammock is the best overall choice within this product round-up. This hammock is sure to be durable with its quality woven materials and included carabiners and snap links. It also features a compact style that promises portability, as well as a variety of stylish color options.
Measuring 9’ 4” x 6’ 2” when fully unfolded, the DoubleNest hammock can easily fit two adults, especially with its high weight capacity of 400 lbs. Even so, it packs down to a compact size of only 4 x 5 inches into the included compression stuff sack, so it’s very easy to pack away when the season is over.
With a weight of only 19 oz, this hammock is so easy to travel with and won’t weigh down your camping gear.
The DoubleNest does not miss out on durability, either. It features a triple-stitched interlocking, woven 70 denier nylon taffeta construction that resists rips, tears, and stretching. This material is also rather breathable and soft and dries quickly, keeping you cool on even those warm summer days of lounging about in your hammock.
Purchase of the hammock includes lightweight aluminum wiregate carabiners, as well as snap links constructed out of stainless steel and nautical grade line. This assembly makes for a durable suspension system that prevents snapping and breakage.
Vivere Double Polyester Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand: Best Double Hammock with Stand
- Introducing the best of both worlds, Vivere’s Double Polyester Hammock with Stand (9ft) brings you the durability and saturated color of woven polyester.
- Durability makes this polyester hammock combo great for sharing a snooze with a friend or your family pet, hammock bed measures 59" x 87"
- Stunning colours make this hammock the highlight of the yard
- Don’t have 20 years to wait for those trees? Set-up this stand in your yard and start relaxing now
- Easily adjustable hammock hooks allow you to decide how low or high you want to lay
The Vivere Double Polyester Hammock with Space Saving Steel Stand is the best choice if you’re looking to purchase a hammock that comes with a stand for added convenience and ease of portability. Not only is the Vivere a durable option, but it features a high weight capacity perfect for two, a multitude of color and style options, and an easy-to-assemble design.
Because it comes with an included stand, the Vivere is a great choice if you want to relax in your treeless backyard, at the poolside, on your balcony, or even in your bedroom to replace a traditional bed. With the stand, you won’t have to look for a set of trees to assemble your luxurious hammock.
When fully put together, the Vivere measures 110 inches deep, 43 inches tall, and 47 inches wide. This means it can hold a hammock up to 110 inches (9’ 2”) total length, so it is quite versatile and perfect for taller adults.
The steel stand can also be adjusted so that you can determine how high off the ground you want to be. It can hold up to 450 lbs, so it is a great choice for two people to relax in.
With this product, you have the choice of three different fabric options. The most popular option is a woven single ply polyester fabric that promises durability and comfort. This material resists tearing, fading, mildew, and wrinkling and also dries quickly as it repels water.
Next, the cotton fabric option is extremely breathable and natural. Cotton is also not the best choice for moisture, so you may want to select a different option for humid climates. The third fabric option is a patented “sunbrella” fabric that resists weather breakdown and fading.
The included heavy gauge steel stand is a tri-beam style stand that weighs 28 lbs, which is rather lightweight for a hammock stand. With a zinc coating on the legs, the stand itself resists corrosion, and there are also plastic end caps to prevent the stand from scratching your floor. This is a great option for outdoor or indoor usage.
Ease of assembly is another benefit of the hammock stand, as no tools are required, and you can put it together in only a few minutes. It also comes with a canvas carrying bag for added portability and convenience.
Bear Butt Hammocks Double Camping Hammock: Budget Pick
- LUXURIOUS & DURABLE - This big 10 ft long 6 ft wide original Bear Butt Hammock is made from specially formulated 210T 75D Nylon Taffeta the strongest and most comfortable fabric available - much more durable than any net or mesh. Also the panels have reinforced triple stitching to provide extra strength durability and safety. So with a legal weight capacity of 500 lbs (we’ve tested it for over 800lbs) it comfortably holds one or two people so you can hang worry free between any two trees
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED - Our outdoor hammock and tree hammock comes with all the hardware: 2x 10 ft (others use 8 ft) high quality tactical grade rope suspensions specially formulated reinforced polyester end straps (holds a whopping 2000lbs) and a set of two solid steel d-shaped carabiners. This large backpacking hammock does not require a special stand stands or equipment to be set up. It works great in any setting whether outdoor or indoor or between two poles or two trees!
- FOR ALL LIFE'S ADVENTURES - Perfect for men women and kids who love backpacking traveling hiking & camping or even just taking a nap and sleeping on the patio porch deck beach, by the pool, tree in your own back yard or even your bedroom. Weighing only 1.5lbs this folding packable ultralight hammock packs up small for storing and is the perfect 1 person or 2 person hammock for you to take on any trip hike camp or adventure
- PERFECT PRICE - We know that price matters to you. So we found a way to make the highest quality and best rated hammock in market at the perfect price point for you. We’re literally half the cost of our competition called eno. Check out the reviews to see for yourself. We promise you won’t be disappointed. Plus it’s the perfect gift your mom dad brother sister girlfriend boyfriend wife husband friend or complete stranger
- 100% HAPPY CUSTOMER POLICY - We have a happy customer policy. It’s pretty simple. We want to make you happy. Whatever it takes. Hit us up at any time for any reason (replacement return exchange etc.). We want you to hang hassle-free and with no worries so you can sit back relax and enjoy the greatest hammock in the world
The Bear Butt Hammocks Double Camping Hammock is the best choice if you find yourself on a limited budget, as it will cost your pocketbook only around $30. Not only is it affordable, but this hammock holds up to 500 lbs, which is very impressive and serves as a great relaxation spot for two.
The Bear Butt hammock is available in nine color options for the fashionable. The hammock measures 10 feet long, 6.3 feet wide, and 4.7 inches deep, making it a versatile option for taller adults who need more space to lay down comfortably.
Constructed out of a soft, breathable, 75 denier 210 thread count nylon taffeta, the hammock is built for durability, especially with its triple stitching woven design.
Purchase of the hammock also comes with a 4 x 4 x 7 inch carrying sack as well as all the necessary equipment for hanging your hammock, such as two steel D-shaped carabiners, two 10-foot strings of tactical grade rope suspensions, and reinforced polyester end straps.
When folded up, the hammock weighs 1.5 pounds total, so it is fairly lightweight and easy to carry around in your backpack.
Sea to Summit Pro Hammock: Most Tactical Option
- Quick connect buckles with tensioning and adjusting hammock straps/tree protectors
- 70D nylon with good airflow for comfort
- Integrated Cordura nylon compression bag for compact travel
- Holds 180 kg/400lbs
- Handy print on the buckles help you orient the buckles correctly while camping or backpacking
The Sea to Summit Pro Hammock is the most technically advanced, tactical option in this product round-up. Made out of ripstop nylon, this hammock screams durability and longevity, and its water-resistant compression sack and overall breathability, and strong suspension system add to the quality of the product.
The Sea to Summit Pro Hammock is designed with ripstop nylon, which, as the name implies, resists tearing. Nylon is also very breathable and wicks away moisture, keeping you sweat-free and comfortable throughout the warmer days. Furthermore, the hammock is built with a durable 15 mm webbing system for suspension, which is easy to set up and promises longevity.
Also, the hammock comes with a compression sack constructed of Ultra-Sil, which is a 30 denier Cordura nylon coated in a layer of silicon for added water resistance and durability. It also includes incredibly resilient plated steel buckles for secure attachment.
When fully assembled, the Sea to Summit measures 9′ x 6′ 2″ but packs down to a compact 4″ x 6″, making it easily portable and storable. It also weighs only 23.6 oz despite its high weight capacity.
Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock: Another Great Budget Option
- Comfortably Supporting Up To 500 lbs: This double hammock fits 2 persons, You can lay down with your friend or loved one and you will still have plenty of room. Because of the new 210T nylon parachute fabric, the BACKPACKING hammocks provide relaxing support up to 500 lbs
- Super Lightweight And Easy Setup: The backpacking hammock can be used for camping, travel, beach, yard. You will have everything you need for quick and easy hanging setup. It will take less than 3 minutes to hang your camping hammock on a tree or nearby objects using the ropes, strips and carabiners
- Great Gift: Adults, kids, people who travel, beach visitors, tent campers and fellow Winner - all say they LOVE IT! A great gift for traveling, camping, backpacking, or just hanging it and relaxing on it in the patio
- Package: Includes one double camping hammock 118”(Long) x 78”(Wide), two tree friendly straps(each 118”(Long)), and two solid steel carabiners.This tree straps have 16 loops (32 combined), easy to adjust. You can get the hammock adjusted as per the required height.118” long enough for trees, posts, large rocks.
- Holiday Gift Choice for Christmas, We provide detailed instructions for use and maintenance procedures in the pictures and description, if there are other problems, we will reply you in the first time.
The Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock is an excellent value and another great option if you’re on a tight budget. Though it costs only $23 to $30 depending on which color you choose, the hammock is a great value as it comes with additional pieces to make set-up a breeze.
The Winner Outfitters hammock includes two adjustable tree straps with a maximum length of 118 inches, as well as two durable steel carabiners for secure attachment and hold.
Each tree strap is equipped with a series of 16 loops so that you can select how high or low you want to assemble your hammock. It is marketed for a 3-minute set-up time, so you can get to relaxing even quicker.
This hammock measures 118 x 78 inches, making it a great choice for taller adults. Also, because it is built with a 210 thread count nylon parachute fabric, the design is lightweight yet rather durable. It can support up to 500 lbs maximum weight, which is impressive. The fabric is also very breathable to prevent you from overheating while you relax.
With your purchase, you’ll also get a compression sack for easy traveling.
Wise Owl Outfitters Double Hammock: Most Options
- Unlike Other Hammocks ours are made of high quality heavy duty 210T parachute nylon. This extra soft yet super strong material gives you the most comfortable and relaxing experience ever.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - So you don’t have to wonder if you are risking your hard-earned money. If you don’t love it just let us know. We take great pride in taking care of our awesome customers. Don’t take our word for it… just look at our reviews.
- We Won't Empty Your Wallet For Essentials! We love the outdoors just like you and we know that the cost of gear can really add up, therefore, we offer the same quality products as other well-known brands for a much more affordable price. Trust us, our gear is just as good! It's also a great multifunctional inexpensive gift for your mom, dad, sister, girlfriend, boyfriend, son, daughter or even the dog 🙂
- Lightweight And Compact - So you can take them anywhere. The SingleOwl (1 person) is 9ft long by 4 1/2 ft wide, weighs 24 oz.(straps included) and packs down to about the size of a grapefruit. Want a bigger one? Check out our DoubleOwl (2 people) that is 10ft long by 6 1/2 ft wide, weighs only 30 oz.(straps included) and is about the size of an eggplant so you can just throw it in your backpack and go.
- Relax Immediately W/Super Fast & Easy Set Up: Tree straps & carabiners are included w/this hammock making set up a breeze. No need to tie any knots. The hammock straps are 9 ft long (not 2 ft like others) and come with 5 separate loops so you can adjust your hammock to the perfect height and comfort level. You can attach them to anything sturdy, like trees and get to relaxing in just one minute! It’s that fast.
The Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock has the most options for customizability, as it is available in 15 different colors. You can also purchase this hammock in a one person or two person style, and you can also buy the bundle that comes with a hammock, bug net, and rain tarp for added protection from the elements.
The two-person Wise Owl Outfitters Hammock measures 120 x 78 inches when fully set up, so it’s a great size for two people to fit comfortably. If you choose the one person hammock, on the other hand, it measures only 108 x 54 inches. The two person option weighs only 30 ounces, making it rather lightweight in your pack.
The hammock is constructed out of 210 thread count parachute nylon, which is a soft, breathable material that holds up well, although not as well as ripstop nylon. It is still a great choice for ventilation and comfort while being very lightweight.
For added convenience, purchase of this hammock includes a set of 9-foot tree straps (with five separate loops for adjustment) and carabiners. You’ll also find a handy carrying pouch.
Buying Guide: What to Know Before Purchasing a Two-Person Hammock
When choosing a two person hammock, first consider what you intend to use it for. If you plan to use the hammock on your porch or patio, you may not have an easily accessible way to hang it up. Therefore, you should try to purchase a hammock that comes with a stand included. This makes it easy to set up the hammock wherever you want, without needing to find a pair of trees.
Also, consider whether you intend to set up the hammock outside and leave it assembled long-term. If so, you should look for a hammock that is built to be durable even under the elements and with temperature changes. With this, also consider the fabric type, because you want to be sure that it won’t mildew.
If you intend to use the hammock with another person, of course, also consider the weight capacity of the hammock itself. Some hammocks can support up to 500 lbs, which is perfect for two people to relax in comfort. No matter what, be sure to test out the strength of the hammock before using it extensively.
Size and Weight
For size, consider your height as well as the height of anyone else who may want to share the hammock with you.
You can find hammocks up to 10 feet in length, as seen above, which should comfortably hold taller adults with room to spare. If you are very short, on the other hand, you may want to consider getting a shorter hammock to prevent the fabric from being too loose and sinking downwards or slouching uncomfortably.
Many hammocks come with adjustable straps so that you can set the hammock up to be a desired height off the ground. This way, you can make it easy enough to climb into the hammock, no matter how tall you are.
Most hammocks, on their own, are very lightweight, weighing much less than 1 lb. Usually, the total set of the hammock plus the straps and carabiners will weigh just 1 to 2 lbs, making them easy to pack away and carry with you in your camping bags.
If you need ultra-portability, though, look for a hammock that folds down to a very small size, like the Wise Owl Outfitters hammock above. You can also find hammocks that come with a compact carrying bag for even easier travel.
One of the most commonly seen materials used in less expensive hammocks, like the Winner Outfitters and Wise Owl hammocks above, is parachute nylon. This type of material is incredibly lightweight and has a “crinkly” texture, although it is still soft and comfortable. It is also somewhat stretchy underweight.
Because parachute nylon is woven using thick threads, it is more durable than standard nylon. However, parachute nylon is still not as resilient as ripstop nylon.
More durable hammocks, like the Eagles Nest Outfitters, are designed with a triple stitching nylon pattern along the seams to prevent ripping. The Sea to Summit Pro hammock even has ripstop nylon, which is very durable and still lightweight. This makes for a tear-resistant piece of outdoor gear.
While cotton is a comfortable, natural fabric that is also quite breathable, it holds onto moisture and may cause mildew or mold in moist environments.
Tree straps should be wide (at least 0.75 inches) and be made of a soft nylon or polyester webbing that won’t damage the tree bark. Always avoid using thin ropes, screws or nails, or abrasive fabrics that will damage the environment. Never hammer anything into the tree itself.
When looking at the attachment points for the hammock, look for steel snap links, steel buckles, and steel carabiners (or aluminum for a more lightweight option). These features will ensure that your hammock will stay up securely and resist breakage over time.
How to Set Up a Hammock
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific hammock model. If you are setting up a traditional hammock, the first step is to find two sturdy, thicker trees that are 10 to 15 feet apart. The trees should have thick trunks without any hanging branches in the way. Be sure that you are not disturbing any wildlife or plant life, and keep away from dangerous areas.
Attach wide, soft tree straps around the tree, making sure not to damage the tree bark. Then, attach the loops to the tree straps and tighten them. Next, connect the strap to the hook or carabiner at the end of the hammock, and then complete this on the other end as well.
The goal is to set up your hammock so that there is a 30 degree angle between the suspension strap and the ground. This prevents unnecessary tension and prevents too much drooping. You will probably want your hammock to be 18 inches off the ground or lower. This is high enough that your hammock won’t sag to the ground without being dangerous if you accidentally fall out.
For a pair of lovebirds or close friends, a two person hammock is a wise investment if you want to relax the day away at the campsite or in your own backyard. You can find two person hammocks in a variety of styles, some of which include all the necessary accessories for assembly and even a stand for extra portability.
The winner of this product round-up is the Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Lightweight Camping Hammock, thanks to its high-quality construction and durability, stylish looks, comfort level, compact size, and reliability.
Suppose you want a hammock with a stand. In that case, however, your best bet is the Vivere Double Polyester Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand, which is another well-constructed, comfortable option that makes it easy to set up your hammock anywhere.
For the ultimate tactical option, check out the Sea to Summit Pro Hammock. Designed with ripstop nylon, a strong suspension system, and the included water-resistant compression bag, this hammock is sure to last for years.
We hope that this product round-up has been helpful in guiding you towards the best two person hammock for your lifestyle.