If you’re a fan of lounging comfortably in your backyard or at a campsite in a cozy hammock, a portable hammock stand is a convenient addition to your set of camping gear. With a hammock stand, gone are the days of searching tirelessly for the perfect pair of trees to set up your hammock. Instead, you can set up the stand in a few minutes and move it wherever you want.
The best overall product in this review, the Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand, wins the gold medal due to its easily assembled body style, durably constructed frame and carabiner hooks, non-skid feet, and high weight capacity for extra reliability that is sure to keep you comfortable wherever you are.
If you’re searching for the best portable hammock stand, look no further. This product round-up will review several hammocks’ specifications and features to help you pick the right one.
|Best Overall||Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand||
|Budget Pick||Best choice products Double Hammock||
|Zupapa Adjustable Steel Hammock Stand||
|Lazy Daze Hammocks Steel Stand||
|FDW Hammock Stand||
Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand: Best Overall
- Personal paradise: Now anywhere can be the perfect spot - no trees needed! Turn your backyard into a peaceful getaway or plan a lakeside retreat with the SoloPod (hammock sold separately)
- Simple setup: With quick-release parts designed for easy assembly, you’ll be in full relaxation mode before you can say “hammock”; No tools required
- Compatible: SoloPod is compatible with ENO SingleNest, DoubleNest and DoubleDeluxe hammocks; SoloPod XL is compatible with the SuperNest, SkyLoft and most spreader bar and extended length hammocks
- Weatherproof: Features an outdoor-ready design with powder-coated steel that stands up to sun, wind and rain and resists rust and scratches
- Sturdy: Safely supports up to 400 lbs; When fully assembled, SoloPod measures 10’6” x 3’1” x 4’4” and weighs 63 lbs; SoloPod XL measures 14’9” x 3’8” x 4’4” and weighs 89 lbs
The Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand is the best overall choice in this product round-up, thanks to its well-constructed frame that promises longevity, its high weight capacity to hold you and a friend with ease, its stylish appearance, its non-skid feet for extra stability, and an easy-to-set-up style that makes relaxation a breeze.
The Eagles Nest Outfitters hammock stand is quite versatile, as it can be used with nearly any Eagles Nest Outfitters (or other brands) hammock, as long as it features a strapless, bunched end design that measures up to 112 inches in total length. Note that the stand is not compatible with a spreader bar or JungleNest style hammock, however. The stand can accommodate adults up to 6’5″ tall, so it is versatile.
The hammock stand overall is quite durable, constructed with powder-coated steel that resists rusting. It comes with a pair of steel carabiners as well, which are stronger than aluminum.
Setting up the SoloPod is incredibly fast and requires no tools. Simply connect together all of the included bar sections to form the U-shape of the body for the stand, connected at the two corners with the included triangular end pieces. Then, attach your hammock to these ends using the included steel carabiners.
The SoloPod stand can hold a maximum weight of 400 lbs (181 kg) and measures 10’6” x 3’1” x 4’4” when fully assembled. The hammock stand itself weighs 63 lbs when fully put together, which is rather heavy. For this reason, it may be a challenge to try to move the stand when you have it fully assembled.
For safety, the SoloPod has non-slip feet built to hold up perfectly at the poolside or other areas that may have slippery or smooth surfaces. These rubberized feet coverings also ensure that the hammock stand won’t scratch the floor.
For added convenience, the SoloPod can be simply broken down into eight smaller pieces to easily store away when camping season is over. Note that it does not come with a carrying case, but you could purchase one separately.
Best choice products Double Hammock: Budget Pick
- 2-Person relaxation: double hammock is spacious enough to provide a comfy place to rest and catch up with a loved one or a furry friend
- Stress relief: elevating the body and laying in a flat position can help to promote stress relief and Assist in better blood circulation
- Comfort on-the-go: included carrying case makes it convenient to take from the patio or garden to the beach, park, and campsite
- Durability and strength: all-weather resin steel frame is constructed to provide sturdiness for indoor and outdoor coziness for years to come
- Overall dimensions: 115"(l) x 48"(W) x 43"(h); Weight capacity: 450 lbs.
The Best ChoiceProducts Double Hammock is the greatest option if you’re looking for something more budget-friendly. This hammock stand won’t break the bank at only $85 (depending on which color you pick) and has an excellent value, as it comes with a hammock and portable carrying case as well. It also has a rather high weight capacity for more versatility.
The Best Choice measures 119 inches long, 43 inches tall, and 48 inches wide. With a 450 lb maximum weight capacity, this is an excellent option if you want a hammock fit for two people that will still stand securely.
The hammock stand itself weighs only 30 lbs, so it is rather easy to move around as well. There are also end caps on the frame to prevent scratching the surfaces. This hammock stand’s tempered steel frame is built to stay securely in place, but watch out for rust if you leave it outside in the rain or dew.
Thankfully, the Best Choice stand is rather easy to set up and take down and comes with a cotton blend hammock included with purchase as well, so you won’t have to worry about finding a hammock that fits the stand. As the included hammock is made of cotton, it may be prone to shrinking, so be sure to follow the manufacturer guidelines for care.
Zupapa Adjustable Steel Hammock Stand: Highest Weight Capacity
Design for you - Zupapa double hammock with stand allowing you to set it in the most convenient location. Perfect for kick back, relax, and take in some fresh air and scenery with a friend in your front yard, backyard, or on your patio.
Heacy duty structure – This hammock with stand for two weight capacity 550lbs design for heavy people, finish is powder-coated, and plastic cap endings. Weather-resistant steel maintains style and durability through seasons
Detail size – Hammock bed made of cotton fabric, machine washable. Stand fits hammocks ranging from 8 to 11.5 feet — Frame Measures approximately 118 x 53 x 43 Inch
Includes a portable carry bag for easy moving around and convenient storage
Warranty - Zupapa hamick with stand back with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
The Zupapa Adjustable Steel Hammock Stand has the highest weight capacity of all the hammock stands in this product round-up. As it can hold up to 550 lbs total, this is the best choice if you’re looking for a hammock to withstand the weight of two people with ease. With several bright color options, the Zupapa is a stylish option as well.
The Zupapa is designed with black powder-coated steel pipe legs that prevent corrosion, and there are rubberized caps on the leg ends to prevent scratching the floor.
The frame itself measures 118 in x 43 in x 53 in, so it is a decent size. It weighs only 27 lbs, making it one of the lighter frames in this review. Keep in mind that this means the frame may not be as durable over time. As with any hammock stand, be sure to test it out before use to ensure that the frame isn’t bending or cracking.
Purchase of the Zupapa stand also includes a portable carrying bag as well as a softly woven cotton hammock, which is machine-washable for your convenience. The Zupapa stand can also be used with other hammocks, as long as the dimensions are 8 to 11.5 feet in length.
Lazy Daze Hammocks Steel Stand: Most Compact Option
- 【Lazy Daze Hammock Combo】Weather-resistant hammock is made of high quality durable canvas that easily folds into a compact carrying bag, so you can take your comfort on the go! Hammock stand is made from long lasting tubular steel that is perfect for sleeping, relaxation, camping, picnics and more. Adjustable hammock hooks allow you easily to choose the height that you want to use
- 【Brazilian Style Hammock】The combination of multi-color stripes and black steel stand will immediately light up your life. Don’t hesitate to decorate your world with Lazy Daze Hammock
- 【Easy Assembly】Assemble your hammock and steel stand in 10 minutes without any tools. The detachable stand allows you to store those pieces in the portable carrying bag and take them to any places you want to go to enjoy your leisure time
- 【Product Information】The maximum weight capacity: 450 lbs. The 84 x 59 inches bed area is designed to provide plenty of room for 2-person use. Go share with your friends and family
- 【Excellent Customer Service】We provide friendly worry-free service for our customers. You can contact us when you have any product problems
The Lazy Daze Hammocks Steel Stand is the best option if you’re looking for a hammock stand that’s on the smaller side. Even though it is more compact, the Lazy Daze stand still holds a respectable 450 lbs maximum weight capacity, so it is rather versatile and durable despite its smaller stature.
Measuring 108 inches long, 38 inches tall, and 43 inches wide, the Lazy Daze is perfect for smaller spaces where you still want to relax in peace without being in the way, such as a small patio, poolside, or balcony. The stand weighs only 28 lbs, so it is also on the lighter side.
The Lazy Daze stand itself has a heavy gauge steel frame equipped with zinc powder coating on the legs and hooks to resist rusting. There are also plastic tips on the ends to prevent the stand from scratching surfaces.
It is rather easy to assemble the Lazy Daze without any tools, and it separates into five pieces, which you can store into the included portable carrying bag.
The Lazy Daze stand also comes with a canvas hammock and pillow included with your purchase. With seven possible hammock color options and designs, the Lazy Daze is an excellent choice for the stylish.
FDW Hammock Stand: Simplest Option
- 【Powder coated The hammock stand portable with powder coated steel construction with plastic caps on the ends of the tubing of the hammock stand heavy duty to create a soft finish. Note: the hammock stand is without the hammock. hammock stand without hammock stand hammock stand portable hammock stand heavy duty
- 【Easy to assemble and disassemble Assembly the hammock stand is easy, The hammock stand portable is portable, so the hammock stand without hammock is easy to assemble and disassemble. hammock stand heavy duty hammock stand without hammock stand hammock stand portable
- 【Complete adjust ability Each end of the hammock stand has 6 holes spaced 4 inches apart allowing for complete adjust ability of the hammock stand portable of the hook. Any height you want of the hammock stand heavy duty. hammock stand without hammock stand hammock stand portable hammock stand heavy duty hammock
- 【Take less space and good for everywhere The hammock stand portable with space saving design, takes up less space than other amuck stands. The hammock stand without hammock is ideal for bedroom, decks, balconies, porches, etc. hammock stand hammock stand portable hammock stand heavy duty hammock stand without hammock
- 【Indoor and outdoor Hammock Chair Stands Can be Used in Garden, Patio, Yard and More— Also You Can use the hammock stands Rest Under the Sunset, Relax Poolside, or Lounge on the Dec, Nestle into hanging hammock chair stand "cocoon" while Reading , Listen and so on. hammock stand hammock stand portable hammock stand heavy duty hammock stand without hammock
The FDW Hammock Stand is the simplest option if you’re looking for a no-frills hammock stand that’s easy to assemble and also has a low price point. With no tools required for assembly, the FDW can be set up easily in just a couple of minutes.
The FDW stand will only cost $55, but it’s often on sale for less. This is an excellent value, although keep in mind that it does not come with a hammock included. It does, however, come with a nylon carrying case for added portability and convenience.
The FDW should be reasonably durable over time with its powder coated steel base, although it may not prove to be as durable as more expensive options. For this reason, its maximum weight capacity is 300 lbs, so this may not be suitable for more than one person.
Measuring 111 inches x 43 inches x 47 inches, the FDW is rather compact to fit in smaller areas. Weighing in at only 24 lbs, it is also a very lightweight option that’s easy to move around if needed.
The stand features a set of six adjustable holes along the frame so that you can securely fit your hammock depending on its length and the height you desire. There are also plastic caps on the leg ends to prevent scratching.
Buying Guide: What to Know Before Purchasing a Portable Hammock Stand
When looking to purchase a new portable hammock stand, perhaps the most important aspect to consider is how much weight it needs to support. As we have seen in the above product reviews, you can find hammock stands that can hold one or two adults comfortably.
No matter how high the rated weight capacity of your hammock stand is, be sure to test it out before use whenever possible. This way, you can ensure that the stand is comfortable and truly holds up to the necessary weight.
Some hammock stands, such as the FDW Hammock Stand above, have a much smaller weight capacity of only 300 lbs. For this reason, these stands may only be suited for one adult (or two smaller adults). It is best to avoid reaching or overreaching the maximum weight capacity to prevent unnecessary strain on the stand, leading to breakage with repeated use.
Other hammock stands, however, are much stronger and can hold up to 550 lbs, as seen above with the Zupapa Adjustable Steel Hammock Stand. These types of stands will be better suited for larger adults or a couple.
Again, be sure to consider the durability of the materials used in the frame’s construction as well as the hammock material itself, because the hammock may rip or stretch out if too much weight is put into it. After all, even the hammock stands with the highest weight capacity are not unbreakable.
Also consider the size of the stand itself. Most hammock stands will measure about 110 to 130 inches in length. In this product round-up, the longest stand is the Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand at 126 inches long, while the shortest is the Lazy Daze stand at 108 inches. Most hammock stands will be 40 to 50 inches wide.
Smaller hammock stands, such as the Lazy Daze and FDW above, are better suited for smaller spaces such as a little balcony or deck area. These smaller hammock stands, of course, will also be easier to maneuver around your living space and may be simpler to store away. Extra portability is overall a great feature of these smaller stand styles.
Larger hammock stands may be better suited for holding multiple people in a single hammock, or you may even find some that can contain more than one hammock.
With the size, also consider the weight of the stand, as it follows that larger hammock stands typically weigh more and will be more cumbersome when fully assembled.
The lightest hammock stand in this product review is the FDW Hammock Stand, weighing in at only 24 lbs, followed closely by the Zupapa Adjustable Steel Hammock Stand at 27 lbs and the Lazy Daze Hammocks Steel Stand at 28 lbs.
Regarding footprint, make sure that you purchase a hammock that will fit into the stand. Most hammock stands will have a stated hammock size guide, indicating the hammock size range with which they are compatible. Even better, some hammock stands include a hammock that is sure to fit.
Otherwise, when purchasing a hammock to fit in your stand, be sure to measure it and then make sure it can fit tightly in the stand without bunching or sagging to the ground. Make sure that the ends are secured into the hooks or ends of the stand as well for a stable set-up. Of course, make sure to test out the hammock in the stand before using it extensively.
Some hammock stands will come with a convenient carrying bag or case included with the purchase. If not, you may want to purchase a bag that fits all the pieces so that you can keep everything together when going on your camping trips. This way, you can have the ultimate option in portability and organization.
Why use a portable hammock stand?
With a hammock stand, you won’t have to worry about finding an appropriate pair of trees to tie your hammock to. This will save you valuable time and prevent stress on your vacation or in your leisure time.
With the portable hammock stand, you can easily set up your hammock on the beach, at the poolside, on your deck or patio, in your backyard, or even in your living room for supreme comfort wherever you are. You can set up the stand wherever you wish and move it whenever you need to without having to re-tie and reassemble everything.
How to set up a hammock stand
To set up a hammock stand, make sure that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your particular model. Many hammock stands will be designed with a “no-tool required” assembly. In general, the following guidelines will help.
Layout all the pieces to make sure you have everything. Typically, the first major step is to connect the base together. This will usually involve some type of steel bars or crossbar, so simply line up the holes and release the “quick-release” buttons or screw in the included bolts tightly into place to create the base.
Then, it’s time to connect the bars that make up the frame to the base of the stand. Again, screw in the bolts as above.
To create the hook for your hammock at the top of the stand, screw in a hook and washer to create an attachment point. Then, attach your hammock to one side of the stand via the attachment point, and drape it across to the other side. Attach it to this hook as well.
When fully assembled, test out your hammock by putting a small amount of weight on it first to ensure that it doesn’t fall.
A portable hammock stand is a great way to bring relaxation to your life wherever you may find yourself, whether it’s in your own room, on the patio, or at the campsite. These products are easy to assemble and can be quite versatile to fit a variety of hammock sizes. Many hammock stands can even support two adults, so you can cozy up under the stars.
The winner of this product round-up is the Eagles Nest Outfitters SoloPod Hammock Stand, because of its advanced level of durability with a solid construction, high weight capacity of 400 lbs, ease of assembly, non-skid feet, and extra reliability that promises to hold up for years of leisure time.
If you’re looking for a less expensive option, however, the Best ChoiceProducts Double Hammock is an excellent value, as you get the hammock stand as well as an included cotton hammock and carrying bag. For the most compact option, look no further than the Lazy Daze Hammocks Steel Stand, which fits perfectly wherever you need it to.
No matter which solution you end up choosing, we hope that this product review has helped you pick the best portable hammock stand to meet all of your relaxation needs.