Are you planning a camping trip to your favorite destination? If yes, then a tent ought to be the foremost thing on your mind. Having an appropriate shelter will make your trip comfortable and a memorable one.
If you don’t want to spend most of your day setting up a shelter, then a pop tent is an ideal choice. It is ready to use shelter and can be set up instantly. But with so many products floating in the market, it is difficult to make the right choice.
And so, we decided to conduct thorough research and shortlist the top products. Thus, your task of choosing the most appropriate product is made easy. Our in-depth reviews of the top 7 pop tent will give a fair idea about the features and help you select the best one for your next camping trip.
Gazelle T4 Portable Pop Up Tent - The Best Pop-up Tent
Yes, rainfly included
Coleman Pop Up Tent - Best Budget Pop-Up Tent
Yes, rainfly included
3 to 4 Persons
Yes, 10,000mm waterproof level
Yes, built-in rainfly
3 to 4 Persons
4 to 6 Persons
1. Gazelle T4 Portable pop up tent - Best Pop-Up Tent
- Great for family camping, overnight outdoor events, or even as a playhouse for the kids
- Fast and easy setup in just 90 seconds
- 94 x 94 inch size and 61 square foot sleeping area for up to 4 people
- 2 doors for quick entry and exit, plus 6 mesh windows that offer views without sacrificing privacy
- Includes a removable rain fly, removable gear loft, ground stakes, and tie down ropes
Say hello to a wonderful time with your friends and family with Gazelle T4 pop-up tent. It is a fully assembled tent and can be set up in just a few seconds. When packed, it turns into a duffle bag measuring just 67.5 inches.
Quick Set up
This wonderful hub tent can be set up in just 90 seconds. This lets you spend more time enjoying your camping experience.
Compact, yet spacious
It is covering an area of 61 sq. ft. This pop-up tent for camping can accommodate up to 4 persons. It is 80 inches tall and can be packed into a compact bag when not in use.
A broken zipper can cause a lot of inconveniences. And hence, the Gazelle pop up tent features durable and rugged beefy YKK zippers. They can withstand a lot of abuse and still stay strong.
Windows and Doors to keep you fresh
This pop tent also features 6 tight weave mesh windows and 2 D-shaped doors with tight weave mesh screens. The doors and windows allow good ventilation, which helps to keep you fresh.
The Gazelle portable tent consists of all–metal hubs and durable fiberglass poles. This makes the tent stand strong against winds. The shell is made out of coated 210 denier oxford weave polyester and a durable weave that is resistant to water, wind, and mildew. You can thus feel safe and comfortable in this strong tent.
What We Liked
What We Didn’t Like
The Gazelle pop tent is one of the best tents available currently. Though it is expensive than many others in the market, its features are amazing and make it an ideal choice for your shelter needs if you don’t mind spending a little extra.
2. Oileus instant camping tent - Runner-Up
- Pop Up Tents for Camping--Easy Up: Open the package, unstrap the tent, throw it in the air, watch it open itself in seconds. No need to fumble with poles or complicated instructions. Open Size: 114’’L*78”W*51”H. Folding Size:38” in diameter as a disc.
- 2 Ventilated Doors & 2 Privacy Windows & Extra Big Mesh Roof Sky Windows--The quick up family tent provides airflow and protect you from bothering from bugs. Allows either side to be open, closed with the screen, or sealed with the nylon door for privacy.
- Premium Quality Waterproof Material-210T Upgrade Polyester--Double headed sturdy zippers( enables to open and close from inside and outside of the tent). With a waterproof treatment and taped seams to protect you from bad weather and rain.
- Automatic Instant Tent--Package Includes: 14 * reinforced steel stakes(14 reinforced upgraded stakes VS 12 normal aluminum stakes); 10 * guylines( 6 on the roof cover, 4 on the tent body); 1*roof sky window cover(70”L*43”W); 1* package.
- Warnings: This easy popup tent is water resistant but not water proof. Do not use it in extreme weather or heavy rain. ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT US AND WE WILL SURELY FIND A SATISFYING WAY TO HELP YOU OUT.
This pop-up tent from Oileus can be a wonderful companion on your next outdoor trip. To open it up to you only need to throw it up in the air and it opens itself in seconds. Isn’t it impressive? Let us take you through some more features of this family pop up tent.
With the capacity to accommodate 5-6 persons, this pop tent is an ideal one for family camping. Its open dimensions measures 114” x 78” x 51”. It is a spacious tent that allows you to stay comfortably without curling up.
Quality and durability
Made with high-quality 210T diamond patterned polyester, this pop-up tent is strong and durable. It also features double-headed zippers that are sturdy and long-lasting. They enable the tent to be opened from inside and outside too. These high-quality and strong tents are ideal for withstanding harsh weather and keeping you safe throughout the camping time.
Camping is no fun without fresh ventilation. And to give you bouts of fresh air, the Oileus pop up tent has two mesh doors and two mesh windows. It also consists of a big roof sky window too. You can gaze at the stars in the night and soak in nature’s splendid views.
Carrying this pop-up tent is very convenient. The tent comes with a storage bag that enables you to store it. It can be easily carried on your shoulders while you enjoy your adventure.
Storage and Seam
The tent comes with large pockets that give you more places to store. The seam of the tent is covered with a double PU layer making it durable.
What We Liked
What We Didn't Like
If you are looking for a tent with good features and an affordable price tag, then this is the one for you. It has useful features that can make your adventure a wonderful one. On the downside, the floor of the tent is very thin, which can get uncomfortable at times.
3. Malamoo Mega waterproof tent - Highest Quality
- 3 Second Pop Up Tent - No Assembly Required
- Attached Front Vestibule for Gear Storage or a place for your Pet
- 100% Waterproof with Built in Rain Fly
- Fits 4 People - 12 Feet Long (with 2' Vestibule) 8 Feet Wide
- Large Window on Rear and both sides with Roll Up Flaps - Great Ventilation!
Say goodbye to the hassle of setting up a tent and enjoy your camping to the fullest. All thanks to the Malamoo 3 second pop up tent, you can now have your tent assembled in a wink. All you have to do is choose a place and hammer some stakes, and you are ready to camp.
For the space lovers
If you love having ample of space around you, then you should try this Malamoo waterproof pop up tent. The tent can easily accommodate 4 people and also provide ample space to get in a few extra things as well.
Reflective guy ropes
Putting your safety at the top, the Malamoo tent has reflective guy ropes. This prevents you from tumbling while walking past the tent entrance. The guy line is orange in color with reflective tapes on it.
Vestibule with floor and vent
A very unique feature of this tent is the roomy vestibule that comes along. The vestibule is large enough to let you change in, though you cannot stand up completely. The extra space is a blessing and can make your tent feel even more spacious.
Permanent Fly and Waterproof Floors
To let you enjoy your camping to the fullest, the Malamoo pop-up tent has a permanent waterproof fly attached to it. This keeps you dry and comfortable at all times. Additionally, the flooring of the tent is also waterproof with a heat tape sealing every seam.
Windows For Ventilation
To make your experience an enjoyable one, the Malamoo tent features 3 windows to improve ventilation from all sides. You can enjoy wonderful breeze and majestic natural views just by sitting inside the tent.
What We Liked
What We Didn’t Like
4. Toogh camping tent for 3-4 people
- ✅【Unique and fantastic design】The tent is Super easy to set up and take down in only 60 seconds，Simply lift up the top of the tent and it will automatic installation. Press the end of the pole at moment which poles have yellow labels, automatically folding tent
- ✅【High Quality Waterproof Fabric】Outside tent with a waterproof level of 3000mm is made of 210D oxford fabric + Silicone Coating. The tent floor with a waterproof level of 10000mm is made of 210T
- ✅【100% Risk Free Pirchase】: Are you unsatisfied with the our tent? we offer 24-hour customer service and a 12-month satisfaction guarantee for a completely risk-free purchase. If there are any problems with the tent, please e-mail us. So do not hold back any longer
- ✅【Camping Tents with Dual Doors】Ultralight tent with extremely dense mosquito net, provides better ventilation and protects against mosquito bites. This waterproof tent has 2 doors, offer easy access, The mesh windows allow the breeze to come in and keep the mosquito out
- ✅【Six Angles Design】More Stable in the Windy and Rainy Weather According to Mathematical Theory，can accommodate at least 2 adults and 2 child
With a capacity to accommodate 2-3 people, this pop-up tent from Toogh is an ideal one for your small family outing. With many useful features and an affordable price, this product is much popular.
Easy to set up & pack
With this Toogh popup tent, you can get away with all the hassle of setting up a tent. You don’t have to fix poles and stakes to set it up. Just lift it and it installs automatically in 60 seconds. It folds up easily too, just like an umbrella.
Value for money
Given its space, durability, and other features, this is the best value pop up tent. It is capable of suiting a wide range of uses with a very affordable price tag.
You can enjoy a lot of fresh air as the tent features two windows and two doors. The windows are covered with mesh to allow the breeze and keep mosquitoes away.
The tent comes with waterproofness of 3000mm. It is made with 210D oxford fabric along with silicone coating. The floor of this tent is waterproof too.
What We Liked
What We Didn’t Like
This Toogh camping tent is a perfect all-rounder. It can be a great weekend camping partner and help you make some wonderful memories. However, it is not completely waterproof, and so you may not want to use it in heavy rain.
5. Coleman pop up tent - Best Budget Pop-Up Tent
- 4-Person Pop-Up Tent
- Pre-assembled poles for easy 10-second setup
- Taped floor seams help keep you dry
- Multi-position rainfly for the perfect balance of protection and ventilation
- Packs up flat for easy storage
This uniquely designed pop up tent with preassembled poles makes a perfect car camping and festivals tent. It saves you a lot of time and lets you enjoy to the fullest.
Coleman has engineered this tent to be strong and durable against winds. It has an improved frame that is more responsive to stronger winds. It also features redesigned poles and guy-out triangles.
To keep you safe and dry, this family pop up tent consists of waterproof flooring. It uses welding inspired technology that makes the tent floor sturdy.
When it comes to space, the tent is pretty much spacious to accommodate 3 adults easily. It measures 9 feet by 2 inches and 6 feet by 6 inches. The center height is about 3 feet and 5 inches.
Sets up quickly
The whole purpose of choosing a popup tent is to save time. With Coleman’s pop up tent, you only need as less as 10 seconds to set it up. The poles are already attached for your convenience. All you have to do is unfold, extend, secure and you are ready for fun times. Check our guide for best Coleman tent on the market.
What We Liked
What We Didn’t Like
When it comes to Coleman tents, you can trust them without any doubt. The products are weatherproof and affordable too.
6. ABCO Portable Cabana Beach Pop Up Tent
- EFFORTLESS CAMPING – Pops open into a read-to-use form (auto-setup) in a blink & proves easy to fold into a compact form – Abco Pop up tent is ideal for casual camping and accommodates 1-2 persons. Like a beautiful spot enroute? Setup your tent instantly!
- DOUBLE DOORS – With double doors on both left and right side, it’s easy to step out from either side. Moreover, a combination of inner zippered screen plus outer zippered nylon layer give an ability to easily switch between high breathability and complete privacy.
- HIGH BREATHABILITY – Two mesh windows on the front and back add further to the air circulation while the solid nylon flaps over the windows allow for privacy. Not only breathability, you can just open everything and enjoy the surroundings too.
- CARRY BAG & ACCESSORIES – Comes with a carry bag that's ideal for storage and carrying it along, and in addition, a small bag for accessories to keep them organized – occupies little space in your car trunk or even when stored at home.
- GUARANTEE – With our 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE you have got nothing to lose. However, we are quite sure that you will be super impressed with this smart tent that doesn't require complex set up, gets ready to use in a blink, and remains easy to carry along.
The ABCO automatic tent is one of the best products for casual campers. It pops up in seconds and has some very useful features that you will love.
Enjoy complete privacy and high ventilation with the ABCO pop up tent. The doors are placed on the right and left with a combination of zipper screen and a nylon layer to switch between ventilation and privacy.
You don’t have to struggle and spend time setting up this instant tent. It comes in a ready-to-use form and sets up in a blink. You can easily fold it back and store too.
Comfortable & Safe
ABCO takes special steps to keep you comfortable and safe. The windows and doors have mesh attached to keep the insects away and also give you some fresh air. The tent has double-sided zippers, which makes it convenient to move inside and outside the tent.
ABCO also provides you with a carry bag to store the tent when not using it. The bag makes it convenient to carry the tent along on your adventure trips without occupying much space.
What We Liked
What We Didn’t Like
If you are looking for an adventurous getaway with your partner then this is the perfect 2 person tent. With a strong built and plenty of ventilation, you will enjoy your camping experience. However, don’t expect it to be a hero in strong weather.
7. EasyGO Minuto Cabin Pop up Tent
- Instant and easy set up-our minute instant tent opens up in a matter of seconds for your convenience and is just as easy to put away in its included carrying bag
- Great ventilation- The oversized mesh windows allows the dome shaped minute to keep the airflow going without any of the bugs or outdoor debris. It is also equipped with extra flaps for privacy making
- Best quality material- The minute pop up waterproof tent was designed for durability and to resist the elements with its PU polyester material, keeping you safe and Dry
- Multi-use- equipped with guy lines and stakes to hold the camping tent in place, the minute goes anywhere from beaches to parks
If you love camping on the go, then the EasyGO cabin tent is perfect for you. Enjoy your camping time at the beach and parks instantly with this family pop up tent.
Setting up is a breeze
Like most of the instant tents, the EasyGO popup tent can be set up by simply pitching it in the air. This saves you a lot of time and energy that goes into setting up a tent.
Take full advantage of your camping trip with the large mesh windows of this instant cabin tent. It keeps the air flowing in a while also preventing pests from entering. You can also use the extra flaps for uninterrupted privacy.
If you are looking out for a high-quality pop-up tent, then this one is a perfect choice. The tent is designed for durability and resistance to keep you safe and dry. It is made with PU polyester material of superior quality to let you completely enjoy your camping trip.
If you are planning to buy a pop up tent that is both durable and affordable, then you won’t go wrong with the EasyGO Minuto cabin tent. It gives you a wonderful camping experience, and at the same time, it is not too harsh on your pocket.
What We Liked
What We Didn't Like
Whether you plan to go to a park, beach or the mountains, this pop up tent will accompany you everywhere easily. It is affordable with good quality material and gives a good camping experience. If you don’t plan to use it in rains and can do away with a rainfly, then this is the product that will not disappoint you.
Buying Guide for Best Pop-up Tent
Since you now know the top camping pop up tents, let us take you through a buying guide. All the products reviewed above are good performers and will fulfill your camping needs. However, before you buy one for yourself, you should know what you are looking for in a pop-up tent.
You should be well aware of what exactly your camping needs are and what kind of product will suffice for the same. The following are some of the key points that you should keep in mind while choosing a camping tent.
Type of camping
One of the most important factors that you must consider is the type of camping you often undertake, whether you love to explore the harsh mountains or spend time by the calm beach.
If you are a mountain explorer, then you can’t settle with anything whatsoever. Harsh mountain environment calls for a sturdy, durable, and weather-proof tent. Something that will protect you from rain, winds, etc.
Always remember to take into consideration the size of the tent you would require. If you have your family accompanying you, then a 3 to 4 person capacity tent would be suitable.
On the other hand, if you are a single camper or travel with your spouse/partner, then a tent with a capacity to accommodate 1 or 2 persons would suffice. Thus, depending upon the number of people traveling with you choose a tent that can hold them comfortably without space crunch.
More: Best 6-Person Tent
There are various types of materials used to make pop up tents. Each has its own set of benefits for a camper. The majority of the tents are either made of polyester or canvas.
Cotton/canvas-based materials are long-lasting, waterproof, and durable. They can be used to guard you against harsh weather conditions. The polyester pop up tents are more waterproof and lightweight.
You also have tents made of nylon. These are not strong and may not perform too well.
Once you know what material you want and which size will work best for you, it’s now time to pay attention to the dimensions of the tent. How much space is exactly available will give you a fair idea if it is appropriate for you.
You need to closely pay attention to the portability factor of the pop up that you choose. This is especially an important factor as you have to carry the tent all by yourself on the camping journey.
An instant tent must also be easy to fold back and pack up. Do a thorough research and avoid the tents that are difficult to take down.
Last, but not least, you also need to look at the price tag of the pop-up tent. Though it is advisable to go for top quality tents, don’t be under the impression that expensive is best.
At the same time do not pick up a cheaper one as it may not stand true to its claims. For this, you need to strike the right balance between price and quality and accordingly make a choice.
Benefits of using a pop up/instant tent
Takes less time to set up
One of the most primary benefits of using a pop-up tent is that it can be set up almost instantly. You don’t have to spend time fixing the poles and setting up other things.
Can be broken down easily
Pop up tents can be folded away in a few minutes if you have mastered the trick. It takes only a couple of minutes to get it packed and get going.
No additional gear required
Pop up tents are all-inclusive. This means you don’t need to carry any extra gear for setting it up. You can just carry the tent along and go camping. This helps you to enjoy your adventure trips with the least baggage and worries.
The best option for indoors or the backyard camping
If you want to have a camping experience inside your living room or in the back garden of your house, pop up tents come in very handy. They are a wonderful option for instant camping plans.
Pop up tents are lightweight and can be easily carried almost everywhere. Some pop-up tents come with a carry pouch too, which makes it even more convenient to be carried around and stored. Being lightweight, it is not much of a pain to be carried by a single person as well.
The portability factor of pop up tents has made it extremely popular among campers. Most of the pop-up tents come with a bag or pouch in which they can be carried. This makes it very easy for campers to take the tents along as they don’t need much space and can be carried on the shoulder like any other bag.
How to set up and collapse a pop-up tent?
Setting up and collapsing a pop-up tent is extremely easy if you know the tricks well. They are easy to set up and put back and hence are known as pop up tents. Let us see the steps to set up and collapse these tents.
Pop up tents these days require very fewer efforts. All you have to do is open the tent and pop it in the air. It opens up instantly and is ready to use.
Some tents may require you to fix the guy ropes and stakes to ensure that the tent is fixed appropriately and stays in place.
Each pop-up tent comes with its own set of instructions for collapsing it. However, we have provided a very general view of how most pop tents can be collapsed. It includes a few steps that are listed below.
Most of the pop-up tents can be easily collapsed and folded back like an umbrella.
You first need to fold the top poles of the tent. You can see two ridges on the top of your tent by standing beside it.
Next, fold the poles at the bottom of the tent. This way you will be holding the tent in the shape of a taco. The bottom poles should lie over the top poles.
Let the door open, to remove all air from inside.
Let the tent stand on its side while holding all the four poles together. Now flip the tent and let the semi-circle shape rest on the ground.
Lastly, fold the tent as small as possible to fit into the carry bag.
Each product reviewed above serves a specific camping need. Each one features distinct characteristics that serve the purpose of different types of camping. Depending upon your requirements, you can take the call and decide which one will best suit your purpose.
If you are willing to shell out those extra pounds for a good camping tent, then the Gazelle pop up tent is a good option. It has all the features that a good camping tent must possess. It is spacious enough to accommodate a family of 4, comes with UV protection, waterproof rainfly, sturdy material, and an innovative design too.
But, if you are looking out for a budget tent that can still fulfill all the camping needs, then Coleman is the name that you can trust. The Coleman 4 person pop up tent has enough room, can be easily set up, has waterproof flooring, and is very affordable.
We hope that this pop-up tent review article will help you to choose the best pop up tent for your camping needs. Remember to choose the product that fulfills the maximum of your camping requirements.