Some of the best days of your life are spent at the beach. However, you need excellent protection from the sun, and the best tent for beach camping will do just that.
They will give you some much-needed shade, but with different designs and shapes, it can be hard to find the right one. Here we will review the best tents on the market to ensure that you can safely have an incredible day at the beach.
Review of Best Tent For Beach Camping in 2019
Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent – Best Beach Tent
- Specially designed hub system showcases industry leading design. Allows for fast and easy setup
- Lightweight, compact beach tent provides protection from the sun, rain and wind for all outdoor activities, UPF 50+ sun protection and large windows for ventilation. The beach tent is made from breathable polyester and is water repellent. weighing just 4.5 pounds and folds down to a travel size of 40 L x 5 W x 5 H
- The tent is 87 L x 47 H x 49 D, providing a spacious interior shelter and has internal pockets to store personal items. Durable and lightweight fiberglass frame and water resistant PE floor makes the beach tent a great outdoor accessory
- Includes a carrying case, sand pockets, and stakes
- Pacific Breeze's customer friendly 1 year warranty. Call or email any time for support!
When you are at the beach, you don’t want to have to spend a lifetime trying to put up your tent. The Pacific Breeze will give you that shade immediately to make sure you can relax and enjoy the beach with the comfort of having dome shade.
It can give you an ample open space to comfortably sit in a while being well ventilated. It gives you the maximum level of protection, and you’ll have the peace of mind of sitting in there. The wide space makes it very open, and therefore, you won’t feel claustrophobic.
More: Garmin eTrex 30x Review
The tent is going to help to keep you cool even in the warmest part of the day. The internal pockets will help you to keep any valuable off the ground, and it’ll also come with all the accessories that you need, and therefore you won’t need any additional purchases.
The lack of a mesh panel on the back of the tent is a shame as it can catch the wind a little bit more than it should. The poles can also be brittle, but most users don’t have any trouble with this and see the tent as being quite durable.
Overall this is a near-perfect beach tent which is going to suit almost all need. The lack of a back mesh window stops it from having a 5-star review, but it’s highly recommended for any family who wants an easy and comfortable shade and is the best tent for camping on the beach.
Things We Liked
- Fast and easy setup
- Provides complete protection
- High ventilation
- Weighs just 4.5 pounds
- Internal pockets
- Includes carrying case, sand pockets, and stakes
Things We Didn’t Like
- Can catch the wind
- Some delivery issues
- Poles can be brittle
Arcshell Premium Extra Large Pop Up Beach Tent – Runner up
- Inside the Premium Beach Tent package:1 beach tent,1 carry bag,6 heavy-duty 12 inches stakes,1 stake bag;spacious open up size by height:51.2 inches;width: 94.5 inches;depth:51.2 inches;large enough to fit 2 regular beach chair;super compact folded down size by 30.7 by 5.4 by 5.4 inches for easily fit into a small checked luggage,a checked luggage,or a suitcase onto the plane or in the trunk of car during your trip;6.55 lbs light-weighted; perfect for beach,camping,watching sports games,park
- Imported; 190T polyester wall conjoined with a 210D oxford floor; both fully coated with 3000mm PU internally to ensure 100% water-proof and effectively absorb ultra-light; highest UPF protective level 50+ for reliably shielding against at least 98% UVa and UVb rays; 3 extra-large B3 mesh windows perfectly installed in the two opposite sides and at the back of the tent for effective ventilation and bug-repellent; with flaps staying up and down to cover and uncover the window
- 5 extra-large sandbags for increased stability;together with 6 12 inches durable stakes to handle max 25 mphs wind; 8.5mm fiberglass automatic pop up pole frame system to set up and take down the ten with only one person within 60 seconds; with 2 yellow indicators for easy recognizing the area to hold when taking down; a standard double sewing technique is fully adopted on every suture to ensure an absolutely sturdy and durable seaming which effectively prevents sand leakage on the beach
- Extended dome for extra shelter from the sun;extended ground cloth with a heavy-duty plastic and electroplated zipper free from getting rusted when it gets wet;shut the door for complete privacy to change clothes,nap,breastfeed,etc;4 storage bags sewed on the 4 interior corners of the tent for alternative spaces with ease in keeping your phone, tablet, or other handy items;1 large storage bag sewed on the internal upper part of the back wall for keeping your bigger sized items
- The exquisitely beautiful and enchanting blue color of the tent makes it an inevitably ideal attraction for a sunny day at the beach or other leisure and recreational activities;our tents are in perfect alliance with the flame-resistant CPAI-84 standard;which is a requirement for all tents in California,Minnesota,Michigan,Louisiana,Massachusetts,New Jersey and New York;printed instructions on the carry bag for convenient check;2-year manufacturer warranty and money-back satisfaction guarantee
Arcshell has been able to produce a large tent which will help to give you a great space when you are camping onshore. It works as a great hub for any family and group of friends. Whether you want to sleep, get some privacy or simple some shade, this is a great tent.
The tent has a large surface area which will allow for a couple of chairs to sit there or several people to chill out on the floor. The design is outstanding and will allow any wind to flow through the tent freely.
That flow of air is helped by the fact that the tent has mesh windows on each of its open sides. The fabric gives you the maximum amount of sun protection and the sand pockets it features will help to keep it firmly attached to the ground.
The tent also has a stylish design, but the material of the canvas can become dirty quick quickly. It is also reasonably difficult to put away, but once you have done it a few times, then it’ll quickly stop being an issue.
Stability is vitally important with any tent, and this will be able to hold firmly to the ground. Despite the tent material is quite thin, the overall quality is very high. It’s a great tent and another good option for anyone who is heading off to the beach.
Things We Liked
- Fully waterproof
- 50+ UV protection
- Large sand pockets
- Big mesh windows
- Stylish design
- Easy to setup
Things We Didn’t Like
- Hard to put away
- Thin material
- Gets dirty easily
Coleman Beach Shade – Best Quality Tent for Beach Camping
- Portable pop-up beach tent with 50+ UPF sun protection
- Extended front floor zips for privacy; back window unzips for ventilation
- Integrated storage pockets and a dry line to hang wet clothing
- Measures 7 feet 6 inches by 4 feet 5 inches with 4-foot 9-inch center height
- Easy setup in about 5 minutes; ground stakes and pre-attached guy lines included
For those looking for a simple beach shade to keep them safe from the sun, this is going to be a great option. It doesn’t quite have the size of other options on the list, which makes it more portable and easier to carry to the beach.
While this isn’t the biggest of beach tents, it does give you all of the protection that you’ll be looking for. The fabric has 50+ UPF protection, and it will provide you with plenty of shade from the sun and also privacy if you need to get changed.
More: RTIC 65 Cooler Review
There are many great features of this tent which make it stand out from the rest. There are many different colors available and everything is included with the tent. The floor zips for privacy, and the large internal storage pockets are also very useful features.
With two sides of the tent no having a mesh backing, the Coleman beach tent can be difficult to use in the windiest of conditions. Also, the grommets and the stakes aren’t of the highest quality when compared with other tents out there on the market.
While many people will want a large area of shade during the day, other simple want a place to be able to take a break. This is an ideal tent for those who want a portable option, which isn’t going to take up much space.
Things We Liked
- 50+ UPF sun protection
- Floor zips for privacy
- Internal storage pockets
- Easy setup
- Stakes included
- Several color options
Things We Didn’t Like
- Not ideal for windy beaches
- Grommets come loose easily
Oileus X-Large 4 Person Beach Tent Sun Shelter – Best family tent for beach camping
- Easy Setup and Portable - This instant beach tent features automatic patented pop up mechanism, makes it fast and easy to take down and fold back in under 30 seconds. Light weight at 4 lbs, packs down to 32" x 5" for easy carrying and storage.
- Strong and Durable - Umbrella rated 3000mm PU coating by newest breathable 210T polyester, anti 99% harmful UV, durable floor made of 150D PE; thick 8.5mm fiberglass poles for added stability with stakes and guy rope.
- Luxurious Space - XL Large size: 92" x 45" x 45" providing generous space for upto ( 2 adults with 2 kids ). Spacious design provides more comfortable cooling shade and easily to relax inside.
- New Design - Featuring an awning for extra shade, 2 windows for maximum ventilation and air circulation; providing a spacious interior shelter and has internal pocket to store personal items.
In terms of large beach tents, this is going to be an excellent option for you. It’s more spacious than other options, allowing you to relax away from the sun. It is effortless to use and will be a great addition to your time at the beach.
Perhaps the greatest feature of this tent is that it can keep you cool even in the hottest part of the day. The ventilation is excellent, and the tent doesn’t retain much heat. That gives you a great space in which to cool down.
That ventilation comes from two large windows which will also prevent the wind from putting too much pressure on the side of the tent. Other features such as the tie for a lantern and the internal pockets make this a very convenient tent to use.
Oileus claim that this tent is going to be able to sit 4 people, but only two large chairs will comfortably fit inside the tent. Also, the instructions could be a lot better, which makes it quite hard to be able to put down when it’s time to go home.
If you’re going to be traveling in a larger group, then this will be able to give a good amount of space, and it’s also suitable for two people sleeping. It’s a perfect tent with a stylish design helps it to be the best tent for camping on the beach.
Things We Liked
- Two large mesh windows
- Internal pocket bags
- Tie for a lantern
- Thick poles
- Durable structure
- Easy to pop open
Things We Didn’t Like
- Doesn’t sit 4 people
- Limited instructions
- Easily torn
Easthills Deluxe XL 4 Person Beach Tent Sun Shelter – Best large beach tent
- EXTRA LARGE. The Instant Shade Deluxe XL is one of the biggest sun shelters for your whole family. 99" W x 53" D x 57" H plus a 53" front porch of space for up to 4 adults and children or pets. Weighs only 8 pounds and packs down to 41" x 8.5" x 8.5" for easy carrying and storage - easy to fit in the trunk of a car
- 1 MINTUE (OR LESS!) SETUP TIME and EASY TO USE. Setting up this tent couldn't be any faster or easier! In case you can't figure it out, we've sewed step-by-step instructions inside the carry bag; It also has three-sided roll up windows for 360 degree views and efficient ventilation to prevent hot tent; 4 internal mesh pockets to store your personal items
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT and WATER RESISTANT. Crafted from 185T polyester coated with UPF 50+ protection that blocks 97.5% of harmful UV sun rays, providing all-day protection for your family on the beach or sports events.
- ZIPPERED FRONT FOR ADDED PRIVACY. The easy to close front of the tent can come in handy when needing to change out of swimming suits, breastfeeding, or any other private moment. When you need extra privacy, or are away from the tent, the extended zippered front porch can be used as a front door and closed from both inside and outside
- Includes 1 beach tent, 1 carry bag with shoulder strap, 10 plastic stakes, 4 guylines and 1 storage pouch; Customer friendly 1-year warranty; if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us though Amazon. We'll always happy to help within 24 hours
The Easthills Deluxe is the perfect option for anyone looking for a large tent, which is very easy for you and is going to give you plenty of beach sunshade. It also has plenty of other features to ensure that this is going to be a great option to take to the beach.
While still not having the size of a regular tent, it still has a significant size which is going to be able to cater for a large group of friends. It’s also a great option if you have a large group of kids who are going to need to break from the sun.
For a large tent, it’s able to be setup extremely quickly to give you more time to enjoy yourself at the beach. You get a high level of ventilation as well as being able to shut those windows to get some privacy.
If you’re looking for a tent which has a great level of waterproofing, then this isn’t the tent for you. Rain can creep into the tent, and therefore it’s only suitable for sunny days. It also isn’t the sturdiest either and therefore it doesn’t cope well in bad conditions.
This is strictly a tent which designed for those fair-weather beachgoers who only head out to the beach in great weather if that sounds like you then this would make an excellent sunshade for people to sleep or relax on the sand.
Things We Liked
- Large surface area
- Rapid setup
- Impressive ventilation
- Gives extra privacy
- Everything you need is included
Things We Didn’t Like
- Not very waterproof
- Not very sturdy
- Poles are quite brittle
Sport-Brella Vented Canopy Umbrella for Beach – Best sun shade canopy umbrella
- Quick shade protection from sun, wind and rain
- Easiest setup available thanks to folding umbrella action
- Rugged umbrella structure with side flaps for full cover protection
- Top wind vents and side zippered windows for efficient airflow
- Maximum sun protection UPF 50+ and water repellent
If all you care about is getting some shade from the sun, then this sunshade tent is going to be the best beach sun shelter. It is essentially a huge umbrella what is going to give you that protection from wind gusts and the hot sun.
The best feature of this pop-up sun shelter is just how easy it is to use. You’re going to be able to have it up in a matter of seconds, and as soon as you do, you’ll have that instant shade. When it’s time to go home, the umbrella also folds away exceptionally quickly.
There are several great features here. One of the best is the wind gust tents that it has at the top. These will open to let any wind pass through and not blow your tent away. The mesh windows also help with the ventilation to give you an extremely comfortable space.
Having a central pole in the middle of the canopy can be a little annoying as it can get in the way, and also it’s not the best anchor that you can use. It means that it’s not the best for full-sized chairs, but it still offers a good amount of shade.
This tent is going to be ideal for anyone who wants to have shade with a minimal amount of fuss and effort. It doesn’t cover the widest area but still allows for anyone to have a break away from the grips of the hot sun.
Things We Liked
- Wind gust vents
- Telescoping pole
- Durable materials
- Water repellent
- Simple to use
- Easy to take down
Things We Didn’t Like
- Small inside pouches
- Central pole isn’t the best anchor
- Not great for full-sized chairs
AmazonBasics Beach Tent – Best budget tent
- Pop-up beach tent provides protection from the sun and enhanced outdoor comfort
- Open at the front; large mesh window at the back for improved ventilation
- Sets up in seconds with easy pop-up design; lightweight and portable
- Side sandbag anchor; ground stakes and carrying bag included
- Measures 65 by 58.9 by 43.5 inches; backed by an Amazon Basics limited 1-year warranty
AmazonBasics deliver several great products with great value, and this is no different. It is an affordable tent which is perfect for taking to the beach. It doesn’t have quite the same level of quality as other tents we have seen here.
What it can offer is a very high level of ventilation to allow you to enjoy any day where you’re at the beach comfortably. The large mesh windows allow a nice flow of air through them and a comfortable space in which to relax.
The portability of this tent is very high. You’re going to be able to take it anywhere you want as it’s lightweight. It also has an impressive level of waterproofing and sand anchors to give you proper protection from severe conditions.
More: Exped Down Pillow Review
As mentioned, the build quality isn’t the highest you’ll ever find, but it will still last for a long time. It is also on the smaller side, and it’s a good idea to check whether or not the dimensions are going to be right for you or not.
If you’re looking for a budget option or you’re not able to get out to the beach very often, this AmazonBasics model is going to be a great buy. You’ll be able to enjoy all the advantages that it has and be able to relax at the beach.
Things We Liked
- Large mesh window
- High level of ventilation
- Easy pop-up design
- Highly portable
- Sandbag anchors
- Great level of waterproofing
Things We Didn’t Like
- Hard to fold away
- Quite small
- Lower build quality
When it comes to being comfortable in a tent, the overall size is going to be an essential consideration. As with most tents, it’s a good idea to look behind the headline figure and look at just how much floor space the beach tent can cover.
A lot of companies will say that their tents can fit four people, but in reality, those four people would be squashed in, and it wouldn’t be very comfortable. You need to double-check that the surface area is suitable for your needs.
As anyone who’s been to a beach knows, they can be windy places. That wind can quickly move tents and make them turn into kites in a matter of seconds and to guard against that; measures have to be taken to ensure that wind passes through the tent.
Having large mesh windows is a perfect way to prevent that from happening as if you have a solid surface, this can place too much pressure on the tent. Some tents also have wind vents which are useful if you know that a beach is going to be particularly windy.
Ease of use
Going out for a day at the beach should be relaxing and fun. Instead, they can turn into frustrating experiences if you are constantly fighting with the find and a tent which is seemingly very difficult to put up. You ideally want a tent which will pop open in a matter of seconds.
Another vital factor is being able to put the same tent down. This is where a number of them fail as the instructions aren’t obvious and the poles seemingly impossible to put away. Sometimes patience is required, but if you want your life to be as easy as possible, then you ideally need a quick-folding tent.
It’s not enough for these beach tents to give you some shade, they also have to protect you from UV rays. Having a rating of 50+ will mean that you’re not going to get sunburned, and any children are going to be able to stay safe.
You also want to have protection away from any prying eyes. Being able to have the privacy of zipped up windows will allow you to change in peace. Finally, you also want to have a durable floor which is going to be able to protect you from the hot sand or anything sharp.
There are a couple of extra features on these tents which may come of use. One of the best options to have is internal pockets as these will give you safe storage away from the ground and away from any damaging sand or damp patches.
Having sandbag anchors are also the best way to keeping your tent rooted to the ground. This will be able to give you a sturdy shelter and a lot of protection from wind gusts. Poles are also available on some models, but due to having to anchor them in the sand, sandbags are a better option.
Where should you put your tent for beach camping?
The first simple rule of beach camping is not to pitch up your tent below the high tide line. This is usually very obvious with different textures sand, seaweed, driftwood, or a combination of all three.
It’s best to camp toward the back of the beach and closer to vegetation. This way, you’ll have a natural barrier from the elements, and it’s going to be a much nicer place to stay.
How do you clean your tent after beach camping?
Cleaning your tent at the beach can be tough, but there are a few steps to make your life easier. Laying down a tarp underneath the tent is an excellent way to prevent sand from getting it. Some sand is inevitable, and bringing a dustpan and brush can make your life a lot easier.
If there are any stains on the tent then merely using mild soap and a cloth will be enough to remove them. These tents are fairly low maintenance, and you are unlikely to have an issue.
Are there any tips for sleeping at a beach?
If you plan on sleeping at the beach, then you first want to check ahead to ensure that you’re going to be allowed too. Some beaches don’t allow it there are other considerations such as cyclone season.
Ziploc bags are a great idea as are garbage bags, extra towels, and large water containers. You also have to consider the lack of cell phone signal too.
If you’re going to be sleeping in an area where it gets cold at night, then a sleeping pad might be a great idea as the sand can quickly cool you down. Once you have finished camping, make sure you’re responsible and feel no trace of you being there.
We have looked at a lot of great options here when it comes to camping at the beach. Whether you are just there for a day for staying over to sleep, these tents will be able to offer you a lot of protection from the shade and high winds.
It’s essential to look at their features and see which one is going to be the best for you and your situation. Size, protection, and usability are all important features that you need to think about.
Once you have, you’ll be able to select the best tent for beach camping and enjoy making incredible memories that are going to last forever.