Are you planning to invest in Leatherman Rebar multi-tool, but not certain whether it’s right for you or not? If so, then this Leatherman Rebar review is for you.
Here, I will cover and provide all the important and only true information that you need to know to choose right choice.
I assure you that at the end of this article, you will be able to make a final decision that you will not regret.
- AN ICON UPDATED: Inspired by Tim Leatherman's original PST, the Rebar features all-locking tools, 100% stainless steel construction and removable wire/hard-wire cutters
- 17 TOOLS IN 1: The Rebar’s bounty of tools include knives, pliers, screwdrivers, wire cutters, an electrical crimper, a wire stripper, bottle and can openers, a file, a saw, an awl and a ruler
- OUR GUARANTEE: We’re proud to stand behind every product that leaves our factory in Portland, Oregon; That’s why we offer our 25-year warranty, so you can be confident your Leatherman lasts a lifetime
- STRONGER DESIGN: The Rebar pliers have been optimized for strength and feature replaceable wire/hard-wire cutters—a first for a 4-inch tool from Leatherman
- ALWAYS ON HAND: Compact, lightweight and made for just about any job around the house or job site, your Rebar is always within reach and ready to go
Overview of the Leatherman Rebar
Rebar is a working-man and outdoor tool that is specifically designed for the weighty usage of screwdrivers, pliers, and wire cutters. It’s less expensive and thinner than the Charge or Wave.
The Leatherman Rebar does not have any tools that are on the outer side. Thus, the one-handed operation might be a bit complicated, but this should not be a problem for a die-hard multi-tool user.
Rebar is one of the most compact multi-tools from Leatherman, a brand name that is top-notch when it comes manufacturing high-quality multipurpose tool.
Since this multi-tool doesn’t have any outdoor knives or tools, that possibilities of pinching your fingers and hands are dramatically reduced.
Who Can Use This Product?
This multi-tool is recommended for both men and women who want to have a small yet functional tool.
Also, housewives who need a new set of tools in their kitchen can also use the Leatherman Rebar.
Most importantly, for individuals who do not want to compromise the product’s quality for quantity.
Number of Tools
Blade Length (Primary)
7.36cm or 2.9 inches
4 inches or 10.16cm
4” by 1.5” by 1”
What Are The Different Tools Included in this Product?
- Can opener
- Small Screwdriver
- Large Screwdriver
- 154cm hand-wire cutters (replaceable)
- Phillips Screwdriver
- 154cm wire cutters (replaceable)
- Electrical Crimper
- Wire stripper
- 420HC knife
- 420HC serrated knife
- Bottle Opener
- Wood/Metal File
- Regular Pliers
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Awl with Thread Loop
This is a great tool, and its reliability is quite amazing. However, the performance of this multi-tool especially the smaller tools are very impressive.
The pliers can turn bolt and knots, and the wire cutters are sharp. I like its serrated knife, which allows you to slice various items easily.
The Rebar is designed to bring out the rebar tools handily. As a matter of fact, you will be able to access and identify the tool-set with ease.
Also, when bringing out any of the tools, you will not chip your fingernails. So to all ladies out there, this could be a great multi-tool for you.
Quality of Construction
It is one of the best and high-quality Leatherman super tools and is made in America. However, the stainless steel used in making this multi-tool has been described by the manufacturer as premium steel.
On the other hand, the knife is made of 420HC stainless steel that’s good enough to slice almost anything you need. Furthermore, the plain-edge, as well as serrated knife, is locked fully. As a result, you will be able to save your hands and fingers from nasty cuts.
The Leatherman rebar is compact and smooth multi-tool. As compared to other models, this tool is much better regarding portability.
Even though it doesn’t come with a belt pouch, you can still place this on your pocket, thanks to its small and compact size.
However, what is impressive about its size is that even if it’s lightweight, small, and compact, the materials used seem to endure heavyweight jobs.
Also, although it’s small, it will not offer you insufficient feel and grip of a small multi-tool.
Most of Rebar users like the thin-profile pliers of Rebar. They revealed that they used it in spaces where there are constricted clearance problems and this multi-tool performed flawlessly.
Some customers also praised the safety locking mechanism of Rebar as it gives them the confidence to place elbow grease through the tool’s paces.
They also said that this multi-tool from Leatherman performs smoothly and has a nice touch.
But, a few customers weren’t satisfied with the wood or metal file since it’s a bit small. Plus the knife blades are not reachable from the outside.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where I Can Purchase Leatherman Rebar Multi-tool
2. How much is this Product?
Regarding the Rebar cost, you can click this link for best Rebar Prices.
3. How Long Will It Take Before My Order Arrives?
Normally, orders will be shipped to the recipients after three to five working days. However, it will still vary depending on the shop where you ordered.
4. How Does The Warranty Work?
Leatherman’s warranty is very simple. If something happens to your Rebar, just visit Leatherman’s warranty page and fill out the form and send the multi-tool to them.
5. Are There Any Warranty Exceptions?
Yes. The warranty only covers the primary or original owner and doesn’t cover unreasonable/unauthorized use, loss, theft, alteration, and abuse.
On the other hand, the warranty doesn’t cover sharpening, cleaning, color finishes, imprinting, accessories, and cover sheaths.
Depending on what your Rebar has been exposed to, there are various cleaning techniques that you can consider.
- If sticky substances or debris have hoarded between the edges, you can clean it with water and detergent (mild solution).
- To remove asphalt or other substances, you can use turpentine to remove it. Also, don’t use any chlorine products.
- If your tool has been exposed to marine environments or salt water, make sure to rinse it with fresh water thoroughly. After washing, dry it and lubricate using a water-displacing manufactured goods.
Note: After cleaning your Rebar, make sure to dry it properly and smear a light machine oil. This will also protect your multi-tool from further sticking and corrosion.
With its performance and functionality, indeed it’s a great purchase for its price.
Either way, I recommend the Leatherman Rebar to everybody who wants to invest in small yet amazing multi-tools.
Whether you need a plier, electrical crimper, bottle opener, screwdriver, or saw, this multipurpose tool is something worth getting. Most importantly, it can be a great buddy for work.
Nonetheless, I hope this Leatherman Rebar review helps you a lot in deciding whether it is right for you or not. If you like to find more about other leatherman products check these Leatherman Wingman Review, Leatheman Skeletool Review, Leatherman Wave Review and Leatherman Sidekick Review.