Ten person tents are great for many things, but what is one thing they’re not suitable for? 10 people.
Sizing a tent by person tends to err on the liberal side. A 10 person tent is actually perfect for a group of 8 or 9. This will give you room to comfortably set up your tent with extra space to move around.
Our favorite 10 person tent of 2020 is the NTK Arizona GT.
Keep reading to find the best tent for you.
|Best Overall||NTK Arizona GT 9 to 10 Person Tent||
|Runner Up||Browning Big Horn Tent||
|Budget Pick||Core 10 Person Cabin Tent||
|Columbia Mammoth Creek||
|Ozark Trail 10-Person Dark Rest Instant Cabin Tent||
|ALPHA CAMP 10-12 Person Tent with Screen Room||
|Ozark WT172115 Trail 10 Person Family Tent||
|Coleman WeatherMaster 10 Person Outdoor Tent||
|Coleman Dark Room 10P Instant Cabin Tent||
|UNP 10 Person Tent||
|Timber Ridge Family Dome Tent||
Review Of The Best 10 Person Tent
- RATED #6 FOR THE BEST FAMILY TENT IN THE USA IN 2016. SPACIOUS 9 to 10 Person (aduls/kids), 2 Rooms, 2 Doors, 3 Windows Tent Designed for Easy Assembly with color coded poles. Super 6.2 FT height for maximum comfort.
- FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY: Double layer 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm water column, partially aluminium, heat-welded PU seam sealed and UV protection, Large covered mesh vents provide even more ventilation. Inner tent: Large D-style doors with mosquito mesh for great views and ventilation. Roomy utility pockets and gear loft for gear storage.
- FRAME: 100% virgin NANO-FLEX shock corded fiber glass rods with improved diameter and double gold plated ferrules. Aluminium Pin-and-ring system for easy and quick setup.
- MOSQUITO MESH: Inner tent fully breathable with generous Ultra-thin polyester no-see style mesh keeps you safe from smallest insects and mosquitos while offering some privacy from side view (when not using the rainfly).
- FLOOR MATERIAL AND DESIGN: Heavy duty anti-fungus seamless polyethylene with inner silver coated layer keeps you dry and protected enhanced by the unique element barrier bathtub-style construction (you won't wake up in a puddle!). Security: Meets CPAI-84 flammability requirements. Heavy duty carry bag with compression straps and ID label to personalize your tent.
We’ve selected the NTK Arizona GT as the best 10 person tent of 2020. Overall, this tent has the best combination of reliability, durability, efficient floor plan, and extra features.
The NTK Arizona GT is a standard pitch tent. It uses five color-coded poles along with a pin and ring system to make it easy to set up. When set up, the tent has two rooms, separated by a detachable room divider. The largest room is located under the tent dome. The second room is an extension of the dome with its own entry.
Two separate doors make this a great family camping tent. Especially because each door leads to one of the two rooms of the tent. This allows you to come and go without disturbing others who may be sleeping in a tent.
The tent body alone has exceptional airflow. There are several large mesh panels on the tent walls to let air in. Don’t worry, these mesh panels are designed to keep bugs out. However, when the rainfly is attached, airflow may be limited.
The rainfly completely covers all sides of the tent. There are two windows, one on either side, designed into the rainfly that can be opened from the outside. The fly can be rolled back and secured to give access to the doors. There is also the option to roll it back and secure it around the exterior of the smaller room. Doing this creates a screen room.
When the fly is completely secured with all windows and doors closed, air can flow through three vents. Two of the vents are located at the top front corners of the tent. The third is located on the upper wall of the smaller room.
As far as weather protection goes, this tent is reliable. The bathtub style floor is made of durable polyethylene with a silver coating to make it waterproof. There are no seams, which means water has no chance of entering. Paired with the full coverage rainfly, this tent can take on serious rainstorms.
Browning Big Horn Tent – Runner Up
- Our Browning Big Horn Series is a free-standing tent with fiberglass poles and steel uprights, giving ultimate extra strength and stability
- Two-room wall divider, extra tall center and straight side walls gives more room for cots, sleeping bags and extra gear
- Six large windows, two doorways and mesh roof offer easy entry and ultimate ventilation
- Fully equipped with mesh storage pockets, polyester fly, guy ropes and steel stakes
- Base Size: 10' x 15', Packed Size: 12" x 30", Center Height: 87", Total Weight: 34 lbs. 11 oz.
The runner up for the best 10 person tent is the Browning Big Horn Tent.
The Big Horn Tent is a cabin-style tent with straight walls that allows you to use every inch of floor space. The floor measures 10 ft x 15 ft. A removable room divider is included to split the tent interior into two different living spaces.
This tent offers a good amount of ventilation. It has six windows and two doors that can be zipped open. Additionally, the ceiling of the tent body is mesh. In nice weather conditions, you can keep the rain fly off for optimized airflow and a view of the night sky.
The rain fly sits a few inches off of the tent body to allow air to flow into the tent even when the fly is on. This design also allows rain to slide off of the rain fly without dripping onto the tent. In addition, the rain fly design adds more dimension to the tent for aesthetic appearance.
The Browning Big Horn Tent offers great weather protection. The material of the tent body is a 75D polyester and the floor is 150D polyester oxford with coating. The floor is noticeably more durable than most. Sealed seams keep water from leaking in. And, Steel uprights keep the tent strong against the wind. Check our Detailed Review of Browning Big Horn here
Core 10 Person Cabin Tent – Budget Pick
- Sleeps 10 people; Fits two queen air mattresses; Center Height: 86"
- CORE H20 Block Technology and adjustable ground vents
- Included room divider creates a two room tent; Features front and back door access
- Gear loft with lantern hook and pockets keep items organized and off the tent floor; Electrical cord access port (port is fully closable when not in use)
- Includes tent, tent poles, rain fly, gear loft, room divider, tent stakes, carry bag; 1 Year Limited Warranty
The best 10 person tent that is budget-friendly is the Core 10 Person Cabin Tent. This tent is designed to make tent camping easy and efficient.
This is a cabin-style tent, meaning the walls are straight rather than slanted. This allows you to use every inch of the tent. There are no tight corners with empty space. Even more, if you’re an edge sleeper, you won’t wake up to the tent wall hanging in your face.
The Core 10 Person Cabin Tent is extremely spacious. The floor measurements are 14 ft x 10 ft, and the center height is 7 ft 2 in. A room divider can be attached down the center of the tent to create two separate living areas. Plus, there are two doors, each having access to one of the two rooms.
Many cabin style tents have an instant set up. However, it is important to note that this one does not. This tent is very easy to set up, nonetheless.
Large doors and windows around the tent bring in a lot of airflows. Additionally, the ceiling of the tent body is mesh. In good conditions, this mesh ceiling will completely air out your tent and keep it feeling fresh inside. When the rain fly is attached, all doors and windows are still accessible. Ground vents provide additional ventilation to this tent.
The Core 10 Person Cabin Tent is designed with water-resistant materials. The main fabric is a durable 68D polyester that sheds rain. As an additional measure, all seams are thermally heat sealed to ensure that water cannot seep through them.
- STRAIGHT WALL DESIGN: Straighter walls mean more internal space and higher ceilings for you. The 14' x 10' floor plan with a 78" center height fits 10 campers, or can fit two queen air mattresses.
- PULL OUT WINDOWS: Large pull out windows maximize interior space, and allow you to keep your windows open for much needed fresh air, even during rain.
- INSTRUCTION MANUAL: Instruction manual included in the front zippered pocket
- ELEVATED MATERIALS: Crunch free polyester floors with more than double the waterproof coating of a comparable tent, and upgraded fabric prevents leaks and tears.
- WATER-REPELLENT: Omni-Shield coated fabric provides advanced repellency against water and stains. Omni-Shield fabric dries 3-5 times faster than untreated fabric, meaning it stays lighter even when it's wet.
The Columbia Mammoth Creek is another cabin style tent. We’ve chosen this tent as the best straight-wall design tent.
The vertical walls combined with the large, 10 ft x 14 ft floor area allows you to fit two queen air mattresses inside. Even then, there will still be room for gear storage. If you were to use this tent purely for sleeping, you could fit four air mattresses inside.
This tent has two entries. One is a D-shaped door and the other is a large double door opening that is almost the size of the entire tent wall. There are several zippered windows throughout the tent. Two of which are pull-out windows that sit at a slightly declined angle. The purpose of this design is to allow you to keep the windows open in the rain without any leakage.
Columbia has used updated materials in the design of this tent to keep it comfortable and dry inside. The fabric of the tent is coated with an Omni-Shield treatment for advanced water repellency. Taped seams prevent water from seeping through. And, the bathtub floor is made of a thick polyester material that is both durable and crunch-free.
- Sets up in less than 2 minutes No assembly required; poles are pre-attached to the tent Sleeps 10
- Innovative Dark Rest technology Skylights with ceiling panels Fits 2 queen airbeds
- 2-room tent with included removable room divider Includes a rainfly with factory-sealed seams Deluxe gear pockets and hanging gear organizer included
- Electrical cord access Carrying bag included 14 tent stakes included, made of steel
- Measures 14' x 10' Made of polyester and steel Center height: 78"
The Ozark Trail 10 Person Dark Rest Instant Cabin Tent is what we’ve selected as the best instant cabin tent. This tent has all the bells and whistles to make your camping trip efficient and comfortable.
This tent has an instant set up, which means the poles are already attached. With just a few clicks you can have this tent set up in under two minutes.
The Ozark Trail Dark Rest Instant Cabin Tent also has a better interior organization than most tents. A 9-pocket mesh organizer hangs on the back wall of the tent. You can use this to store small items such as flashlights, toiletries, bug spray, and umbrellas. This is nice because it allows you to be ready for any situation without digging through your duffel.
This tent is called a dark tent because it has light-blocking technology. The interior of the tent is made of a dark fabric that blocks out light. We all know how it feels to wake up early than you’d like because of the bright sun illuminating the inside of the tent. Dark tents save you from those unwanted, early morning wake up calls from the sun.
For the times when you do want to let light into your tent, you can unzip the doors and windows. Additionally, this tent is designed with four mesh panels on its roof. You can unzip, rollback, and secure the light-blocking fabric to reveal these panels. The rainfly is designed with transparent panels that match up to the roof windows, so they will still function with the fly attached. This tent has received rave reviews from festival campers, family campers, and more.
- 【Multiple Function】2 large side pockets＆enough room to keep your stuff organized. And there is a room divider provides privacy. Reflective tent rope is perfect for camping in night
- 【Dimensions】19’x 12' floor space and 80'' center height. Screen room measures 7’ x 12’ Spacious interior can accommodate 10 - 12 campers((Varying by individual dimensions)). Fits 3 queen air beds
- 【Package Included】Tent, tent poles, rainfly, tent stakes, carry bag with wheels
- 【1 Year Guarantee】We try to make camping tents as good as we can. If there is any part missing or damaged, free replacement or refund is OK.
- 【Note】Kindly refer the User Manual from the Product Instructions section which has details of the Number of Poles and Instructions on how to use it.
The Alpha Camp 10-12 Person Tent with Screen Room is the best 10 person tent with a screened-in room. Here’s why:
Alpha Camp has been in business for over 15 years. They are a company dedicated to providing high-quality camping gear and prioritizing their customers.
Alpha Camp designed its 10-12 Person Screen Room Tent with advanced materials for optimal weather resistance. High-grade steel and fiberglass tent pools make this tent strong against the wind. Sealed seams prevent water from coming up through the floor. And, the durable rainfly extends a few inches off the tent to keep water out during a storm.
This tent has a huge floor space, measuring 19 ft x 10 ft. Three queen size air mattresses can comfortably fit inside this tent. The center height is also quite spacious, measuring in at 6 feet 8 inches.
The additional screen room adds an area of 7 ft x 12 ft. This area is a great addition to family camping tents. It can be used as a sleeping area in warm weather. A covered patio, protected from bugs and mosquitos. Or, even something as simple and practical as a mudroom.
Back to back D style doors create a large double opening between the screen room and the tent. A room divider can be attached at the center of these two doors to provide entry into separate sides of the tent. These doors and several large zippered windows allow a good amount of airflow throughout the tent.
Tents like this weigh a ton, so the carry bag is equipped with wheels to make it easier to haul.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
The Ozark Trail 10 Person Family Tent is the best multiroom tent. Its nontraditional layout gives it a unique appearance and provides three separate rooms.
The rainfly covers the entire roof of the tent body and much of the sides. This provides great shelter from the rain, no matter which direction it is falling. Without the rainfly attached, the roof of the tent body entirely meshes. In good conditions, you can remove the fly for extra ventilation.
There is one window in each room of the tent. These windows are accessible from the inside only. Small storage organization pockets are also located in each room.
A screened-in porch provides a space to set up chairs or store shoes with protection from rain and bugs.
- Cabin-like 10-person tent has enough room for 3 queen size air beds
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Hinged front door for easy entry and room divider for extra privacy
- Sets up easily in 20 minutes
- Measures 17 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height
The Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Tent is the best 10 person tent with a simple and classic design.
The floor space in this tent is 17 ft x 9 ft and the center height is 6 ft 8 in. The long layout of the 10 Person WeatherMaster allows for three queen size air mattresses to fit inside. A room divider can be attached inside to create two separate living areas.
The 10-Person WeatherMaster is designed with inverted seams, storm flaps over the zippers, and waterproof floors. Additionally, the tent was engineered with guy-out triangles and redesigned poles to endure strong winds.
This tent has two D-shaped doors, one on the front and one on the back. The front door sits on a hinge that automatically swings the doors shut when it is left open. Velcro fasteners are also attached to this door to make sure it latches closed.
Aside from the doors, the ventilation in this tent comes from the top half of the tent. There are large mesh panels on the roof, zippered windows on front and back, and inverted windows on the sides. This does provide insulation to the headspace of the tent. However, it may not feel as ventilated in the sleeping zone of the tent.
- Dark room technology: Blocks 90% of sunlight (vs. a comparable Coleman tent) so you can sleep in past sunrise
- Reduces heat: For a more comfortable rest anytime of day
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Visibility at night: Reflective guy lines are easier to spot in the dark
- Room divider: For added privacy
The Coleman Dark Room 10P Instant Cabin Tent has the best bonus features of all the tents on this 10 person tent review. This tent has pre-attached poles, a hinged door, darkroom technology, and more.
Pre-attached poles make it easy to set the Coleman Dark Room 10P up in under two minutes. You simply slide the poles up until they click into place. The setup process is very similar to that of a pop-up canopy.
The door on this tent is a hinged door. This means it has some structure to it, and it swings shut on its own. This comes in handy when camping with a large group because it lessens the amount of time that the tent door is left open. In turn, there will be fewer bugs inside your tent.
One of the most popular features of this tent is its darkroom technology. Black interior fabric blocks out 90% of sunlight. Even more, the darkroom technology reduces internal heat by creating a barrier between the interior and exterior of the tent.
The floor space of the Coleman Dark Room 10P measures 14 ft x 10 ft. And, it has a center height of 6 ft 7 in. An area of this size allows for up to four queen size air mattresses to fit inside. A room divider can be attached at the center of the tent for added privacy.
- 【Spacious for 10 Persons】Unique 18ft x 9ft x78in, well fitting 10 sleeping bags or 3 queen air mattress, ideal for family camping.
- 【Easy up Tent】Attach FRP poles onto the cabinet tent completely by J hooks, no trouble of inserting poles through sleeves. Patented foot sleeves make it conveniently to set up this family tent more securely and windproof. No particular skills are needed. Two persons can set it up in 8 minutes. Bigger carry bag size at 25.6x10.2x10.2 inches will let you feel relaxed and easy to repack the tent.
- 【Good Ventilation, Large View】Top Large Mosquito Repellent Mesh Roof makes it available to watch stars in a larger view at night; three side large Mosquito Repellent mesh windows and two large mesh windows on two doors boost air ventilation and keep mosquitoes and bugs out. The camping tent weighs 23.1 pounds, which lets you feel burdenless and easy to carry the camping tent to the trunk of car.
- 【2 Room Tents, Outdoor Cinema】Hang one Privacy Divider Curtain from the ceiling, the tent becomes two room cabinet tent with 2 doors, which improves privacy. With a projector, the tent can also become an outdoor cinema by projecting videos on the divider screen.
- 【High Quality Material, Waterproof, Weatherproof】Polyester 185T PU1000mm fabric guarantees water resistance. Vestibular awning and extended awning design in rainfly better prevent rain from dropping inside. Eight guy lines make the camping tent more windproof and stable. ☏ We offer 100% customer satisfaction service and one-year quality guarantee for risk-free purchase. Welcome to click "Sold by UNP-OUTDOOR" and then click "Ask a question" to contact us.
The UNP 10 Person Tent is the best 10 person tent under $200.
This tent measures 18 ft x 9ft, and it has a center height of 6 ft 6 in. The floor area of this tent can fit three queen size air mattresses side by side. If you need separate sleeping areas, a room divider can be attached to divide the tent in half.
Setting up this tent is easier than the traditional setup process. There are no pole sleeves. Instead, the poles rest in foot sleeves to secure them at the bottom of the tent and hook around the tent body with J clips.
The UNP 10 Person tent is made of 100% polyester that is weatherproof and water-resistant. The rainfly has an extended awning design, so it sheds rain onto the ground rather than onto the tent. Eight guy outlines are attached to the tent to secure it and add stability and coverage in poor conditions.
The entry is a back to back d shaped door with entry into both rooms of the tent. These doors each have a zippered window for ventilation. In addition, there are three large windows and a mesh roof that can be used when airflow is needed.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Size: 14'x10'x80¡±. Room divider makes 2 rooms to add privacy for you and your family. Weight is about 26lbs
- STURDY STRUCTURE and DURABLE MATERIAL: Front 2 D shape door, 1 x inner tent, 1 x flysheet, 1 x carrying bag, 4 x guy ropes, 14 x steel stakes
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Tent has 2 side windows, Front and Behind have windows too, it provides maximum cross ventilation. Several mesh storage bags make all your pieces neatly
- MULTIPURPOSE: The family camping tent is a good choice for camping, garden use, park and beach. It has a carry bag, very convenience for storage and carry
- 1-YEAR MANUFACTURE'S WARRANTY: We back our products with a full 1 year manufacturer's warranty against any defective workmanship and material. For more maintenance information, please refer to the instructions section. We provide industry-leading customer service for the product
The Timber Ridge Family Dome Tent is the best lightweight 10 person tent. It weighs only 22.26 pounds.
This tent is made of 190T polyester that has been coated for weather resistance. Bathtub style floors and an extended awning rainfly also help keep water outside. High strength fiberglass poles provide solid structure to combat the wind.
This tent measures 14 ft x 10 ft with a center height of 6 ft 8 in. This allows for enough room for 2-4 queen size air mattresses. A room divider is included if you need separate living spaces.
The doors on this tent are Dutch D-style doors that provide entry to each of the two tent rooms. There are five windows and a mesh panel roof that optimize airflow. With the doors and windows open, this tent can let in a great cross breeze.
Do Tents Have Temperature Ratings?
Tents are rated by seasons. Most family camping tents, including every tent in this post, are three-season tents. This means that they can handle the typical weather conditions of spring, summer, and fall.
If you are planning to camp in the winter or in freezing temperatures, a four-season tent is your best option. Four season tents are made with different specs and features to be able to keep campers safe and warm in cold conditions.
There are two styles of tent in this review: traditional and cabin. Both styles are designed to be stable and keep dry. However, the best tent type for you depends on personal preferences. Here are a few details that might help you choose the best tent type for you.
Traditional style tents have a standard, cross pole pitch. The main area of the tent is a dome. Traditional 10 person tents will often have extensions from the main dome of the tent. Most of the time, these extensions can be sectioned off with room dividers to create multiple tent rooms.
A traditional style tent weighs less than a cabin style tent. The poles are thinner, but sturdy nonetheless. The rain flys of traditional-style tents usually cover more of the tent than the flys on cabin style tents.
A cabin-style tent has vertical walls, which allows you to use more of the floor space inside the tent. The floor area is usually one large square or rectangle that can be split into two rooms with a room divider.
The doors and windows on cabin style tents are often times larger than traditional tents. Many cabin tents have doors that open almost as wide as the tent wall. This is good for warm weather camping or indoor/outdoor entertainment.
Many cabin style tents come with pre-attached poles. This type of cabin tent is called an instant cabin because it can be set up in less than two minutes. The Ozark Trail 10-Person Dark Rest Instant Cabin Tent and the Coleman Dark Room 10P Instant Cabin Tent are two examples of instant cabin tents.
If you simply need a reliable tent that can weather a storm, a traditional tent will meet all your needs. However, if you need to utilize every inch of space and want something easy to set up, check out the cabin style tents.
The center height of a tent is a feature that goes unnoticed by some campers. However for other, much taller campers, center height is a key feature that cannot be ignored. You can only crouch around a tent for so long until you have a long-lasting kink in your neck.
Because 10 person tents are so large, they can have center heights close to seven feet. And, many do. The Core 10 Person Cabin Tent has a center height of 7 ft 2 in.
If center height is important to you, look into the cabin style tents. Cabin style tents have thicker poles and vertical walls, which usually leads to a taller peak height.
Ventilation is an important tent feature because it keeps your tent feeling comfortable and fresh. Poor ventilation will lead to stuffy air and condensation on the inside of your tent.
The main form of ventilation in a tent is the windows. Windows that sit directly across from eachother can create a cross breeze that will air out your tent.
But what about when it rains? Some tents are designed with windows that can be opened when it rains. The Coleman WeatherMaster 10 Person Tent has windows that sit at a declined angle, allowing rain to roll off without getting in the tent.
With that being said, windows do better at ventilating the top half of the tent than the bottom half. Ground ventilation is a feature designed into some tents that allows air to flow at the base of the tent. This helps the overall ventilation of the tent. However, it also makes it more comfortable to sleep by creating air circulation in the sleeping zone.
The Core 10 Person Cabin Tent and the UNP 10 Person Tent both offer ground ventilation.
Every tent will give a description of their fabric and its denier count. It may say something like “Polyester Taffeta 68D.” The higher the denier count (D), the more durable the material.
Durability of tent materials is based on the type of fabric and its denier count. Most tents are made of nylon or polyester, which are both very durable. When you look at a tent description, after the material name is its denier count. For example, “Polyester Taffeta 68D.” Higher denier counts equal higher durability.
A footprint is one item that can lengthen the longevity of your tent. A footprint is essentially a tarp that lays underneath your tent to create a barrier between the ground and your tent floor. Even though tent floors are thick and waterproof, they can easily be punctured by rocks or twigs underneath. Usually footprints are not included with a tent purchase.
Typically tent poles are either fiberglass, aluminum, or steel.
Fiberglass poles are the most light weight option. However, they are the least durable tent pole. Fiberglass tent poles can break easily if they are too thin for the tent or subjected to heavy winds.
Steel poles are heavy and sturdy. These are the most durable tent poles. Many canvas or vertical wall tents use steel poles.
Aluminum poles are a good midrange option. They are both durable and lightweight. Many small tents use aluminum poles. Alternatively, you can purchase aluminum poles as replacements for fiberglass poles.
Many factors play into the overall weather resistance of a tent. Most importantly is the tent material. Polyester and nylon do a good job repelling water. Additional coatings are sometimes added by the manufacturer to enhance a fabrics ability to repel water.
Strong poles and supportive pole structure help a tent remain upright in windy conditions. You can increase stability by adding extra stakes and using guy outlines to anchor your tent.
You can also look for smaller details such as sealed or welded seams, storm flaps, and bathtub style floors. All of these features contribute to a tent’s weather resistance.
Which 10 Person Tent is the Best?
The best overall 10 person tent of 2020 is the NTK Arizona GT. Its superior ventilation, full-coverage rainfly, and efficient floor plan make camping easy and enjoyable.
Close behind are the Browning Big Horn and the Core 10 Person Cabin tent. Both of these tents have vertical walls that allow you to use every inch of interior space. They have large doors and windows for ventilation. And, they have tall center heights.